• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help id baby corn snake

Hi there Junior! How ya been?

Even though I purchased a book on the genetics of corns back in early summer, unfortunately I haven't had the time to get past the first 25 pages (been busier than hooker at an Elk's convention!). That being said, I believe that snows are one of the easiest morphs to identify. However, I'm also keenly aware that there are several different types of snows. Regardless of the type of morph, your little sneaky one looks extremely cute!

In any case, WELCOME! And congrats on your new little squiggly acquisition! have a name for it yet?

Thank yuo everyone! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to if my snake. I don't have a name for it yet. Still need to find out if it's a girl or boy

Agreed on the snow I.D and that age and morph is perfect to try your hand at candle sexing if you want. Candling is nice, because it's fairly accurate, easy to do and non invasive, so you don't need experience to try it. It's only usable on young snakes and ones with limited pigment though.

Take a bright LED light and the snake into a dim room, place the light against the side of the snake's tail, just past the vent, you may need to move the light around to get the right angle. What you are looking for is one to two thin red lines in a male, that will be the blood in the hemipenes or a clear area on a female. With females, you might also see one or two tiny red dots, that will be the blood in the scent glands.

Back