CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Vision Racks?

Old 03-02-2019, 08:43 PM   #1
fdi150
Vision Racks?

Does anyone have any experience using the various Vision Versa racks for hatchlings (V-15 and/or V-18), sub-adults and adults (V-35S, V-35, V-70)? How well does the heat cable warm up the tubs? Any issues with the racks in general?

Thanks!
Steve

Old 03-04-2019, 01:08 PM   #2
Twolunger
There seems to be mixed reviews on the Visions, compared to other rack systems. I don't like them, but my son had several of them and he liked them. He said the biggest complaint seemed to be due to the tolerance between shelves. He had some escapes, so did a little modification to make the shelves closer together. Some people say the racks are flimsy compared to other brands. He said the heat system that came with his racks was like heat rope, and worked well, but of course little heat was necessary with his corns.

I have an Animal Plastics rack that is made of 1/2 inch PVC and I've moved it from Michigan to Georgia and on to Florida and it's still as solid as when I bought it, I'm guessing 12 years ago.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:44 PM   #3
lvchris
Unfortunately I have no experience with the vision racks. However I would highly recommend the 45 bin racks for PMHerps ( http://pmherps.com/racknew.html ) I have been using them for the past few years and have been 100% happy with them for hatch lings. I use heat rope with a spider robotics Herpstat2 that regulates the back heat for two 45 bin racks.

Tags
adults, hatchling lings, heat, racks, vision