• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hip hip horray! I finally got my first pip today!

It's probably a piece of umbellical cord. Put in on damp newspaper without any object around it could get stuck to, actually just nothing but maybe a small waterbowl if it takes longer. You will be surprised how soon it will fall off. If you see egg yolk hanging out too, I would cut that off, below from where you see veins. I have seen that getting stuck to the paper towel, pulling out more stuff from the babies belly... yike!
I have noticed that sometimes the stuff will already come off when handling the baby to put it in the tub or trying to watch it closely, lol.

Yeah, it's so hard not to watch them. The second ghost corn finally came out and the other anery prematurely came out of it's egg....:( and has something pinkish hanging out of his or hers private area. It seems to be doing ok for now, but not sure what to do for him/her as far as put it in a moist damp container or a dry container, not sure exactly whats hanging out, scared it might be it's private part? My damn camera ran out of batteries soo I will have to wait until they charge and until I get up out of bed to take pics of it to ost on here.

Probably the "egg stem." It will usually fall off after a day or two. I put them on damp paper towels. I had a _really_ bad (to me) one this year. (I showed it to Carol and she wasn't concerned at all!) It was quite thick and extensive. I snipped it off down to about 1/2 inch so it would not get caught on stuff. It gradually dried up and fell off, which took days!! After it was off, there was a sort of reddened area which closed up over the course of a few more days until now you can't tell at all.

But usually it falls off the next day, and you can't even feel any defect, much less see anything.

True true true.... :) I had the worst ever this year, looked like nothing had been absorbed and was scared it would pull the guts out of that tiny baby but after cutting it a bit, the rest fell off after like an hour or so.

Well, I got up not to long ago and checked on the little anery that had something sticking out of him, it's still conected to his private area, and he/she has turned a little mean/striky so I can't pick him up to get a better view of it. I hope he/she will be alright and calm down some after a day or two.

Out of 19 eggs the ones that have come out of their shells are: 3-anery's, 2 ghost, 1-snow, 1-normal, 1-hypo, 1-amel. There is one pipping since yesturday-another hypo, and 1 more that started to pip this morning before I finally got to bed, and I can't tell what it is yet. The rest have yet to pip.

Also wanted to ask anyone/everyone if they had pics of an adult hypo and what do they grow up looking like as they get bigger, do they just look a lot like normals or different and do they sell for more on average then a normal/anery/amel do? I'm just curious about them. I've never seen one untl now from my own that hatched, and wanted to maybe keep one if it's going to be any different when it's older than just a version of a normal corn snake. Thanks.

I can't believe I've got such variety out of one clutch of eggs. I'm really happy but now it's so hard to choose which ones I want to keep. I think I am going to keep the snow for sure, since I don't have one of them yet, and I was going to keep the first little anery that came out but I might keep a hypo instead.

Update on the anery with umbiical cord/yoke stem hanging out. It finally came out/ and fail off completely, he/she also seems to have calmed down some. I have 10 snakes out now and 6 more pipping. 3-4 of them look like amels and maybe another anery and normal or hypo not sure yet.

Congrats! I know how much "nail biting" anticipation you had for this clutch to start hatching.:D
Looks like you got yourself a nice variety.:)

Yes, I feel as though set up camp right next to them. Good news is I think I'm going to have 19 good little corn snakes. That's 100% hatch rate for this clutch. I'm very happy. This afternoon I have one more that fully came out which is another Amel. So that's 11 total out now and 8 that are pipping.

Well, I think I should thank the storm for bringiing out 5 more babies tonight. So now I have a total of 16 babies completely out of their eggs and only three remaining pipped. Now it's getting harder for me to keep track of what I have and who came out when. They are all very gorgeous though.

Back