CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Oddball creature.......

Old 09-23-2002, 12:29 PM   #1
Rich Z
Oddball creature.......

The interesting thing about this one is that the body appears to be hypomelanistic yet the head is definitely amelanistic.

Surprisingly enough this one seems to be a survivor. Some problems getting the first shed off, but it's OK now. Also feeds real well, so I'm hopefull this one will continue to thrive.

Old 09-23-2002, 12:59 PM   #2
kenalotia
That's really odd. What were its parents? Quite an intriguing phenomenon going on there...

Old 09-23-2002, 04:02 PM   #3
CornsnakeKeeper
You seem to have a lot of these "half and half" snakes this year.... As always, thanks for the pics Rich!

Old 09-23-2002, 04:20 PM   #4
Simon
At frist glance, that odd ball doesn't look that odd...but after you take a second look at it, it's totally weird....and I like it a lot too!! LoL....I wonder what it's going to be called when this proves to be a trend......amel hypo?

Old 11-20-2002, 01:05 AM   #5
Rainey
That's awesome, does anyone know how that works?? An amel Hypo? That's a corn with a bit of black and no black all at the same time? It's gotta be some sort of mistake! Is there any hope of a new cultivar?

Old 11-20-2002, 02:46 AM   #6
Rich Z
Heck, I have to check to see what that animal looks like these days. I turned it over to my wife to take care of because I was afraid I would neglect it with all of the stuff going on around here during show season. It appeared fragile. Had trouble shedding from the start, and even though it was a good feeder, it appeared to have a fast metabolism and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to feed it often enough to keep it going. Some smaller babies are like that. You have to feed them every four days or they will just fail to thrive.

She hasn't told me it died, so I assume it is still alive. At least I hope so.

Old 11-20-2002, 05:15 AM   #7
Simon
Rich,

if you have time, try taking another shot at that weird oddball.
it might have changed colors dramatically....and it might even look more bazzar than the old pic~

Old 05-09-2003, 11:17 PM   #8
Indyshark
Rich, don't forget to post a picture of that beauty! I can't wait to see what she looks like.

Is she for sale?

Old 06-23-2003, 12:33 PM   #9
pipatic
hey rich if you get time,can you post an updated pic of the little guy,

also did you have pic of a corn hatchling eating another hatchling ??? would like to see that again

Old 06-23-2003, 12:44 PM   #10
Scorpionking
Talking

Very Cute..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google