CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Retirement........

Old 05-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #41
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten View Post
I am proud to be contributing to your retirement fund, you Have done so much for the cornsnake community and yourself and Serpenco shall be missed!

PS, I will keep you updated on the progress and projects started from those gems I am just purchasing!
Thank you for helping with the retirement fund. The quicker I sell out this stuff, the less money I have to take out of those funds to keep this all going until the last animal is shipped out.

Maybe I need to stop shooting the squirrels around here in case I need to have a fall back plan to put food on the table if finances run short in years to come. Of course, I doubt I would be able to hit one of the darn things anyway 20 years from now. Gosh, how in the world do you even plan for retirement without knowing exactly how long you will live? Well hopefully by the time that gets to be an issue, we'll be ready to sell our home and land here and prices will be up again. If not, I'll be standing on street corners offering my body for sale. I figure at 50 cents a laugh, I'll do ok....

Old 05-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #42
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
Just make sure you have enough ammo, or at least the components to make ammo.
No worries in that deparment......... The military has my number on speed dial in case they run out.....

Old 05-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #43
Tom Tuttle
Best of luck to you & Connie! So you going to sell the vette & sail the Caribbean now?

Old 05-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #44
The_Thunderer
Wow, Rich! Looks like you and your wife have got your path all set. I wish you all the best and offer my thanks for providing this spot for all of us to congregate at. It has been fun being on here, learning and laughing the whole time.

Good luck and Godspeed!

Old 05-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #45
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsthompson View Post
Best of luck to you & Connie! So you going to sell the vette & sail the Caribbean now?
Heck no! I'm hoping to finally have more time to take a ride now and again. Did you know that moss will grow on the north side of a vehicle if you don't move it now and again?

Old 05-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #46
ghosthousecorns
Rich best of luck on your retirement, and thank you for the great Serpenco snakes I have so far. I am not exactly rolling in the dough here, but I have been eyeballing those ex-keepers of yours. It might take me a while but I would love to get something and contribute to the retirement fund. While I hope somebody buys Serpenco and keeps the name going, I don't think it would be the same without you.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #47
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
Rich best of luck on your retirement, and thank you for the great Serpenco snakes I have so far. I am not exactly rolling in the dough here, but I have been eyeballing those ex-keepers of yours. It might take me a while but I would love to get something and contribute to the retirement fund. While I hope somebody buys Serpenco and keeps the name going, I don't think it would be the same without you.
Thanks,

Yeah, I have heard that before. But honestly if they buy the adults and perhaps the sub adults, they will be WAY ahead of the game. As long as they don't fumble the ball, they will have a huge head start over trying to start from scratch, or even having less than 30 years into this like I have put into it. Yeah, the economy sucks and money is tight for people (could I have picked a WORSE time to do this????), but this could very well be a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone looking to get a leg up in this business. Especially since otherwise all my animals will be going to dozens of their competitors who will then be producing the animals THEY could have been producing....

Old 05-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #48
danielle
Congrats Rich what will you do with all your time now? I know.....breed more snakes, lol

Old 05-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #49
RobbiesCornField
If you hold on to a few of the adults until Daytona, I'll be sure to contribute to the retirement fund.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #50
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
Congrats Rich what will you do with all your time now? I know.....breed more snakes, lol
Not a chance....... Connie used to want a dog, but she has changed her mind now. At least for the time being. We don't want anything tying us down, at least for a while. I may set up a map of the USA on a board and just throw a dart at it every month. Whever that dart hits, that's where we will take a drive to........ I just hope it doesn't land in the middle of Lake Michigan...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google