CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Seeking Breeding Loan Male

Old 09-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #1
iculatr
Seeking Breeding Loan Male

This may be a little early, but we are currently trying to decide next year's pairings and have come to a female in which we don't really have an ideal male for her. She is an Ultramel Anery Stripe. We would like to start a cool project with her, so we are looking for a proven male that is carrying at least 2 of her genes and that will also produce a few unique hets. For example, a Peppermint Stripe or an Avalanche Stripe could be a possibility, or maybe a Hypo Opal Stripe het Anery? Anyway, just wanted to put some feelers out there to see if anyone was interested in starting a joint project with this pretty girl. We could always use her to try to prove out possible hets, but that doesn't seem very fun! Let us know if there's any interest...

Old 09-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
Christen
Does she have any known hets?

Old 09-03-2011, 01:49 AM   #3
iculatr
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalchow View Post
Does she have any known hets?
The original pairing was between an Ultramel Motley het Anery Stripe and a Snow Stripe. No known hets...

Old 09-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
Nanci
Looking at what I have.

Pepper:

Male = Amelanistic, Anerythristic, Bloodred, Stripe, het. Hypo
Female = Ultramel, Anerythristic, Stripe

Offspring predicted as:

---------------------------------------------------
2/4 Amelanistic, Anerythristic, Stripe (het. Bloodred, 50% poss. het. Hypomelanistic)
2/4 Ultramel, Anerythristic, Stripe (het. Bloodred, 50% poss. het. Hypomelanistic)

Heart Attack:

Male = Amelanistic, Cinder, Stripe
Female = Ultramel, Anerythristic, Stripe

Offspring predicted as:

---------------------------------------------------
1/2 Amelanistic, Stripe (het. Anerythristic, het. Cinder)
1/2 Ultramel, Stripe (het. Anerythristic, het. Cinder)

Both those males will have other "duties," though. It will be Pepp's third season, and Heart's first. What month are you typically starting to breed your females?

Too bad you can't hunt up a Tessera with hets!!

Old 09-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
iculatr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Both those males will have other "duties," though. It will be Pepp's third season, and Heart's first. What month are you typically starting to breed your females?!!
We are shooting for feb or march, but can be flexible. Is that too early? Heart Attack would be an awesome match...would he be too worn out from his other dutues? Pepper is also a great match. Hmmmm...to possibly start an Ultramel Anery Cinder Stripe/Snow Cinder Stripe project OR Ultramel Granite Stripe project?

Quote:
Too bad you can't hunt up a Tessera with hets!!
A Tessera with hets is a great idea! Hmm...I wonder if someone has a male het for at least Anery and Stripe?

Old 09-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
Nanci
There's always Lavender, but he doesn't ship, but maybe he could hook up with someone who does. I might check with Camby, or of course Don...

Yeah, I can't really make any promises with Heart Attack, but Pepper could go for sure in 2011 and then we can see what Heart's plans are. I don't even know who Carol has lined up for him!

If we really did agree on a loan, I'd probably want to bring your female up in the fall so I could do a nice quarantine, and then bring her back to you after breeding so you could handle the clutch.

But see what else is out there too!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
iculatr
Quote:
There's always Lavender, but he doesn't ship, but maybe he could hook up with someone who does. I might check with Camby, or of course Don...

Yeah, I can't really make any promises with Heart Attack, but Pepper could go for sure in 2011 and then we can see what Heart's plans are. I don't even know who Carol has lined up for him!

If we really did agree on a loan, I'd probably want to bring your female up in the fall so I could do a nice quarantine, and then bring her back to you after breeding so you could handle the clutch.

But see what else is out there too!
Thanks Nanci! I know it's a little early, but I will keep you posted. I know most people don't know what their plans will be for next year

Old 09-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #8
Nanci
So many possibilities, but I for one don't want to be overwhelmed by hatchlings. I have no idea how people handle numbers in the hundreds!

Old 09-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #9
starsevol
I do have a 2006 granite stripe het amel that I don't need for next season....(well I can use him but if he is out on a loan I have a back up plan).

Old 09-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #10
iculatr
Quote:
So many possibilities, but I for one don't want to be overwhelmed by hatchlings. I have no idea how people handle numbers in the hundreds!
I know right? Especially if they are picky or non-feeders!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google