CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

New Fed Ex policy

Old 06-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Khaman
New Fed Ex policy

I just received a email from Fed Ex stating that they will no longer be requiring signatures for Express deliveries to residential addresses unless the sender selects the option to have it signed which is at additional cost ($1.50 to $2.75 extra) which means on a overnight delivery if the driver “forgets” to knock on your door they can just leave it in the sun for you to find and mark you did not answer the door (possibly voiding a live arrival guarantee) or anything else you want to think of.

Just a heads up for shippers.

Old 06-03-2005, 06:45 PM   #2
Taceas
Yup, just got my e-mail a little bit ago too. Was going to post about it, but saw you'd already done so.

I've usually been checking it regardless. But if ya forget, it can pay a heck of a price.

I just wonder why they changed it. Aren't they getting enough extra money from dimensionalizing the boxes instead of going by actual weight?

Old 06-03-2005, 10:06 PM   #3
Khaman
Well I am going to have to include it in my price to ship. I wonder how much this will affect Rich?

Old 06-03-2005, 10:28 PM   #4
Rich Z
Well of course I am going to have to indicate all packages to be signed for upon delivery. I can't have FedEx leaving the packages whereever they decide to toss them. If they don't have to walk up to a door and ring the bell, I'd bet money the boxes will just get tossed (literally) anywhere at all that is convenient for the driver.

I'm not really all that crazy about FedEx's ground service, I have to admit. Some of the deliveries I had here the driver had left sitting on the hood of my jeep out in the driveway. Whoever it was, was too damned lazy to walk the 50 extra feet to take it to the porch. I CERTAINLY do not want my live animal shipments (and I'll bet none of you would either) treated that way.

Old 06-03-2005, 10:55 PM   #5
MegF.
Off Topic: but Rich, is the pink on that stripe in your avatar for real???? It's awesome!

Old 06-03-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
Taceas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I'm not really all that crazy about FedEx's ground service, I have to admit. Some of the deliveries
I think its different no matter where you live. UPS are the rudest delivery personnel around here. I can't tell you how many packages I've had dropped off at a house with the same rural route and box number, same last name as me, but in a different town. Or leaving them out in the sun in the driveway when in red marker on the top it says "Place in garage, no direct sun/heat!".

The Fedex driver for my area knows what I usually get and takes extra care with my packages. His son is into reptiles big as well. So he walks into my garage and places them on the step into our house, well away from direct sun or temp fluctuations. He even did the same for my iPod.

I just don't like the whole size dimensionalization. Why even bother asking for the real weight of the package anymore if all they do is re-calculate it to what they want to think it is? Its like AdagioTeas trying to charge me more USPS postage for shipping to a rural address, $2 more per box. I don't buy "Country Stamps" and "City Stamps". I quickly stopped doing business as did a lot of other folks.

Old 06-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #7
kathylove
The FedEx email I got said the change was only for residential addresses, and business addresses would still be signed for. Since we have to send to business addresses only, hopefully there will be no change.

I try to convince customers to pick up at the FedEx office whenever I can. Then I don't have much worry about heat or cold in the back of a truck (or a front porch). I also really emphasize to customers that I will only guarantee live arrival if they sign for it on the first delivery attempt. So I have them pretty scared to even go to the bathroom the morning of delivery, lol! But that is what is needed to ensure the safety of these critters, since delivery guys are in such a hurry. I also track the shipments. If I see one marked as delivery attempted, or delivered without a signature, I contact the customer right away

So far, so good. But it sure takes a lot of diligence to make sure it all works out OK, and sometimes there is nothing you can do to prevent the shipping companies from messing things up.

Old 06-04-2005, 12:07 PM   #8
Rich Z
Hmm, I haven't gotten an email myself. But I went to FedEx's website and got some info there:

<table width="750" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<!-- Start Measurements Area 4 -->

<b class="mainheader2"><a id="top" name="top"></a>FedEx News</b><h1 class="mainheader1">New FedEx<sup>®</sup> Delivery Signature Options</h1>
<hr>
<a href="#policychange">FedEx Express Residential Delivery Signature Policy Change</a>
<a href="#newoptions">New FedEx Delivery Signature Options</a>
<a href="#residential">FedEx Delivery Signature Options for Shipments to Residential Addresses</a>
<a href="#nonresidential">FedEx Delivery Signature Options for Shipments to Nonresidential Addresses</a>
<a href="#integration">Integration With Electronic Shipping Solutions</a>
<a href="#faq">Frequently Asked Questions</a>
Updated: May 27, 2005

<hr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3">
<a id="policychange" name="policychange"></a>FedEx Express Residential Delivery Signature Policy Change

FedEx is changing the signature policy for FedEx Express® shipments to residences.

<li>Beginning in fall 2005, FedEx will no longer require a signature for express shipments delivered to residences. This change will make our FedEx Express residential delivery policy consistent with our policy for FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® shipments. If a signature is needed for a residential shipment, shippers must choose one of the new FedEx Delivery Signature Options.</li>

Please note:

<li>The policy for FedEx Express shipments to nonresidential addresses is not changing. FedEx will attempt to obtain a signature from someone at the delivery address or a neighboring address, and no fee will apply.</li>

See the FedEx Express Terms and Conditions in the FedEx Service Guide for complete information about our residential delivery policy.

<p align="right"><a href="#top">Top</a>
</p>

<hr>
<a id="newoptions" name="newoptions"></a>New FedEx Delivery Signature Options

<li>FedEx is introducing three new signature options to improve delivery commitments and provide a consistent experience for customers across the FedEx network. The three new signature options include Indirect Signature Required, Direct Signature Required and Adult Signature Required. These new options are designed to meet the varying needs of customers who seek greater flexibility and peace of mind for their shipping transactions.</li>

<li>The new options are available with FedEx Priority Overnight®, FedEx Standard Overnight®, FedEx 2Day®, FedEx Express Saver®, FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® services. Signature options will not be available with FedEx First Overnight® and FedEx SameDay® services. Some options may vary depending on the service used. See the*FedEx Service Guide*for details.</li>

<li>Shippers can still authorize a FedEx Express shipment to be left without a signature at nonresidential addresses by selecting Deliver Without a Signature. There is no fee for this service.</li>

<li>If no signature option is selected, FedEx may deliver FedEx Express and FedEx Ground residential and FedEx Home Delivery shipments without a signature.</li>

<p align="right"><a href="#top">Top</a></p>

<hr>
<a id="residential" name="residential"></a>FedEx Delivery Signature Options for Shipments to Residential Addresses

For shipments to residential addresses, shippers can choose from three FedEx Delivery Signature Options.

<em>Note:</em> If the shipper does not select one of the three signature options, FedEx may deliver the shipment without a signature.

<li>Indirect Signature Required. FedEx will obtain a signature in one of three ways:
<li>From any person at the delivery address; or</li>
<li>From a neighbor, building manager or other person at a neighboring address; or</li>
<li>The recipient can sign a FedEx door tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present.</li>

The fee for Indirect Signature Required is $1.50.</li>

<li>Direct Signature Required. FedEx will obtain a signature from any person at the delivery address. If no one is at the address, FedEx will reattempt delivery. The recipient may also choose to pick up the package at the location listed on the door tag. The fee for Direct Signature Required is $2.

<em>Note:</em> Direct Signature Required replaces FedEx Express Signature Required, FedEx Ground® Auto P.O.D., FedEx Home Delivery Auto P.O.D. and FedEx Signature Home DeliverySM services. Until Direct Signature Required is available, shippers can still choose FedEx Express Signature Required, FedEx Ground Auto P.O.D., FedEx Home Delivery Auto P.O.D. and FedEx Signature Home Delivery for a $2 fee.</li>

<li>Adult Signature Required. FedEx will obtain a signature from any person at least 21 years old (government-issued photo identification required) at the delivery address. If no one is at the address, FedEx will reattempt delivery. The recipient may also choose to pick up the package at the location listed on the door tag. The fee for Adult Signature Required is $2.75.</li>

<hr>
<a id="nonresidential" name="nonresidential"></a>FedEx Delivery Signature Options for Shipments to Nonresidential Addresses

For shipments to nonresidential addresses, shippers can choose from two of the FedEx Delivery Signature Options.

<em>Note:</em> The policy for shipments to nonresidential addresses is not changing. FedEx will attempt to obtain a signature from someone at the delivery address or a neighboring address, and no fee will apply.

<li>Direct Signature Required. FedEx will obtain a signature from any person at the delivery address. If no one is at the address, FedEx will reattempt delivery. The fee for Direct Signature Required is $2.

<em>Note:</em> Direct Signature Required replaces FedEx Express Signature Required and FedEx Ground Auto P.O.D. services. The Direct Signature Required option overrides any recipient release that may be on file for nonresidential deliveries.

<em>Important notice:</em> Until Direct Signature Required is available, shippers can still choose FedEx Express Signature Required and FedEx Ground Auto P.O.D. for a $2 fee.</li>

<li>Adult Signature Required. FedEx will obtain a signature from any person at least 21 years old (government-issued photo identification required) at the delivery address. The fee for Adult Signature Required is $2.75.

<em>Note:</em> The Adult Signature Required option overrides any recipient release that may be on file for nonresidential deliveries.</li>

Shippers can still choose the Deliver Without a Signature option for express shipments for no fee.

<hr>

<p><a id="integration" name="integration"></a>Integration With Electronic Shipping Solutions

You can choose one of the FedEx Delivery Signature Options from your electronic shipping solution. Electronic shipping solutions will be updated throughout the remainder of 2005 to reflect the new options. Please speak with your FedEx account executive or call a FedEx customer service representative at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 for more information regarding specific electronic shipping solutions.

Following is information about the availability of FedEx Delivery Signature Options with specific electronic shipping solutions.

<li><strong>FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com:</strong> All charges will appear on FedEx invoices and signature options will be available for on-screen selection beginning on June 26, 2005.</li>

<li><strong>FedEx Ship Manager® API:</strong> All charges will appear on FedEx invoices and signature options will be available for on-screen selection beginning on June 26, 2005.<br />
<em>Please note:</em> The new options must be coded into each electronic shipping solution before they are available for on-screen selection. Contact your FedEx account executive if you have questions.</li>

<li><strong>FedEx Ship Manager® Server:</strong> All charges will appear on FedEx invoices beginning on June 26, 2005. New signature options will be available for on-screen selection beginning in August and fully available by fall 2005.</li>

<li><strong>FedEx Ship Manager® Hardware and Software:</strong> All charges will appear on FedEx invoices beginning on June 26, 2005. New signature options will be available for on-screen selection beginning in August and fully available by fall 2005.</li>

<li><strong>FedEx® Certified Solutions Program:</strong> All charges will appear on FedEx invoices beginning on June 26, 2005. New signature options will be available for on-screen selection when the third party's software is certified by FedEx, released by the third party and uploaded by the customer. FedEx Certified Solutions Program releases are scheduled throughout 2005 and early 2006.</li>

<li><strong>World PRO:</strong> All charges will appear on FedEx invoices beginning on June 26, 2005. New signature options will be available for on-screen selection as new software is released. The next World PRO release is scheduled for September 2005.</li>

Signature Required Will Now Include a $2 Fee
For all solutions, until the new signature options are available for on-screen selection, shippers can still select FedEx Express Signature Required for a $2 fee.

<em>Note:</em> Your electronic shipping solution may be pre-set to request Signature Required. If you do not want to be charged this fee, please check the settings on your electronic shipping solution.

<li>You can uncheck this option from your electronic shipping solution and, if you want a signature, you can check the Signature Required option on a per-shipment basis for a $2 fee.</li>

<li>Or you can leave the option pre-set and uncheck it on a per-shipment basis when you do not require a signature.</li>

Once the new signature options are available for on-screen selection, FedEx Express Signature Required will be replaced by Direct Signature Required for the same $2 fee. Remember that choosing a signature option overrides a recipient release.

<hr>
<a id="faq" name="faq"></a>Frequently Asked Questions

Why are you changing the signature policy?

FedEx is introducing new signature options to improve delivery commitments and provide a consistent experience for customers across the FedEx network. These new options are designed to meet the varying needs of customers who seek greater flexibility and peace of mind for their shipping transactions.

How do I choose one of the FedEx Delivery Signature Options?

<li>You can choose one of the FedEx Delivery Signature Options from your electronic shipping solution. Electronic shipping solutions will be updated in phases throughout the remainder of 2005 to reflect the new options. Use Get Rates under the Ship tab at fedex.com to obtain rate estimates with up-to-date signature options and fees. In addition, most FedEx Ship Manager® solutions will be updated by fall 2005. Go to <a href="#integration">Integration With Electronic Shipping Solutions</a> for more information. Please speak with your FedEx account executive or call a FedEx customer service representative at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 for more information regarding specific electronic shipping solutions.</li>

<li>You can also choose Indirect Signature Required and Direct Signature Required when completing a FedEx® U.S. Airbill beginning in August 2005 for shipments to residences. Adult Signature Required will not be available on the FedEx U.S. Airbill.</li>

<li>Indirect Signature Required is not available as an option for shipments to nonresidential addresses. If you do not select any of the options and the recipient does not have a release on file, FedEx will attempt to obtain a signature from someone at the address or at a neighboring address, and no fee will apply.</li>

Can I still have shipments delivered without a signature?

Yes. You can still choose Deliver Without a Signature for nonresidential shipments, available for free with FedEx Express services. Just check the Deliver Without a Signature box on your airbill or from the drop-down menu in your electronic shipping solution. This option is not available for FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipments.

What happens if I don't choose any of the options?

If you don't choose any of the FedEx Delivery Signature Options, shipments to residences may be delivered without a signature. For shipments to nonresidential addresses, FedEx will attempt to obtain a signature from someone at the delivery address or a neighboring address, and no fee will apply. Shippers can also still choose the Deliver Without a Signature option for shipments to nonresidential addresses, and that will override a recipient release.

What if I signed a recipient signature release?

Recipient releases will no longer be used for FedEx Express shipments to residential addresses. FedEx still honors recipient releases for shipments to nonresidential addresses unless the shipper requests a signature option. Shippers sending FedEx Express packages to nonresidential locations, and who do not have a recipient release on file, may also select the Deliver Without a Signature option in electronic shipping solutions when processing individual shipments.

What about international shipments?

<li>Signature options are not available for international express shipments from the U.S.</li>

<li>Shipments to U.S. addresses from international locations may be delivered via one of the FedEx Delivery Signature Options depending on the nature of the shipment. Electronic shipping solutions will preselect the signature option based on the inbound U.S. shipment's characteristics (e.g., hazardous-materials shipments will be delivered via Direct Signature Required; most other shipment types will be delivered via Indirect Signature Required), and no fees will apply.</li>

<li>FedEx International GroundSM shipments will be delivered via Indirect Signature Required and no fee will apply. Shippers can choose to upgrade to Direct Signature Required for a fee.</li>

Will FedEx Ground Acknowledgement of Delivery (A.O.D.) still be available?

No. The FedEx Ground A.O.D. option will be discontinued and shippers will be able to choose any one of the three new FedEx Delivery Signature Options.

Will there be any changes to FedEx Ground Auto P.O.D. (Automatic Proof of Delivery)?

<li>Direct Signature Required will replace FedEx Ground Auto P.O.D. and customers will no longer be required to enroll prior to using a signature-required service.</li>

<li>Pre-existing FedEx Ground Auto P.O.D. reporting enrollments will continue to be honored. FedEx Ground Auto P.O.D. reporting will be provided for Direct Signature Required, Indirect Signature Required and Adult Signature Required shipments.</li>

<li>Customers who want to receive FedEx Ground Auto P.O.D. or FedEx Home Delivery Auto P.O.D. reporting must enroll prior to shipping signature-required packages. Contact your FedEx account executive to complete a new enrollment request form. The reporting enhancement is currently available only for FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shippers.</li>

Will there be any changes to FedEx Home Delivery options?

<li>Direct Signature Required will replace FedEx Home Delivery Automatic Proof of Delivery (Auto P.O.D.). The fee will be reduced from $3 per package to $2 per package. Customers will no longer be required to enroll prior to using a signature-required service.</li>

<li>Pre-existing FedEx Home Delivery Auto P.O.D. reporting enrollments will continue to be honored. FedEx Home Delivery Auto P.O.D. reporting will be provided for Direct Signature Required, Indirect Signature Required and Adult Signature Required shipments.</li>

<li>Direct Signature Required will also replace FedEx Signature Home Delivery. The fee remains $2 per package.</li>

<li>Indirect Signature Required, at a fee of $1.50, will become available.</li>

<li>Adult Signature Required, at a fee of $2.75, will become available.</li>
</ul>

Are there any exceptions to how the new signature policy will be applied?

Yes. We will still obtain a signature for all FedEx Express dangerous-goods and FedEx Ground hazardous-materials shipments. Some additional exceptions may apply. See Service Info at fedex.com or the FedEx Service Guide for details.

How can I get more information about these new signature options?

Beginning June 27, 2005, go to Service Info at fedex.com and click on What's New for more information about new FedEx Delivery Signature Options, or call FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339. You can also find information in the online FedEx Service Guide, which you can download from Service Info.

<em>Note:</em> In the event the information contained herein conflicts with the FedEx Express Terms and Conditions or the FedEx Ground Tariff in the FedEx Service Guide, the FedEx Service Guide will control.

</td>
</tr>
</table>

Old 06-04-2005, 06:06 PM   #9
JTGoff69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegF.
Off Topic: but Rich, is the pink on that stripe in your avatar for real???? It's awesome!
LOL Meg, I was wondering the same thing! It's a blood something obviously, but what? Simply stunning.

Old 06-04-2005, 06:43 PM   #10
breedingcolors
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGoff69
LOL Meg, I was wondering the same thing! It's a blood something obviously, but what? Simply stunning.
This is a lavender striped! Gorgeous hen!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google