CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Nanci's SnickerSnakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Nanci's SnickerSnakes Welcome to SnickerSnakes- where the pretty snakes are! I love striped cornsnakes in red, white, purple, peach and pink. Foundation stock, breeding plans, and hopefully hatchling news!

Ventrals

Old 05-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Nanci
Ventrals

Hyacinth: Plasma Stripe

Old 05-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Nanci
Sweet Pea: Peppermint Motley

Old 05-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Nanci
Heart Attack, peppermint stripe.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
NickP961
Thanks again! Surprised the color on Hyacinth isn't bleeding through on the belly. Hmm, very pretty tho! Thank you!

Old 05-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
Nanci
I can't think of a plasma that has bleeding. The margin of a lavender stripe or blood, to me, is always sharply defined between the belly and sides.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
NickP961
Oh really? I haven't seen a plasma ventral so I wasn't sure. I just figured because it was a bloodred it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I can't think of a plasma that has bleeding. The margin of a lavender stripe or blood, to me, is always sharply defined between the belly and sides.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
Nanci
Look at Lily, Draco and Gator for plasmas, and Razzle and Orchidee for hypo lavender stripes to see what I mean.

ACR

If that link doesn't work, just search for my breeder name/number.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #8
NickP961
Quote:
Originally Posted by notserp View Post
I'm no expert but I have to say I agree with Nanci. Generaly it can be somewhat judged from the lenght of the tail but in my opinion this sometimes varies from snake to snake and isn't very good. I think the main thing is to just focus on the two inches after the cloaca. Like Nanci said. If the tail after the cloaca stays generaly the same thickness for those 2 inches it should be a male and if it tapers a female. Again like others said it can't be 100% realiable but I have had good success doing this with snakes 2 or older. It is a tough call with your snake.
I think this was meant for another thread...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google