CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

My future display

Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #41
Asbit
very cool!! I love the Peak top you gave it.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #42
claireree
I have a four stack viv and am planning on spltting one of them in 2 for my yearlings but was thinking of using glass, do you think thats ok or is wood better.

Your display looks great.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #43
raynefyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by claireree View Post
I have a four stack viv and am planning on spltting one of them in 2 for my yearlings but was thinking of using glass, do you think thats ok or is wood better.

Your display looks great.
Thanks for the compliments!

I think either would be okay, just make sure there are no rough edges and that it is sealed well so they can't get across into each others' tanks.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #44
Crimson.Dawn
looks great cant wait to see the in progress and finished project love.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #45
rafasani
I'm thinking on a similar design for myself, but I won't build a rack with various displays, I'm thinking in building just one terrarium (only got 1 corn snake, for now...) in a way that I can build more like it in the future and stack them... anyway..

What are you planing on using for heat?? I thought about using an UTH but I'm not sure if it's OK to place them on the wood and them maybe put some glass/plexi on top. I think I read somewhere that the underside of the UTHs should be free, that it can't be placed directly against a surface like that. Is that right or could this be done??? I'd rather use UTH for heat if it's possible..

ps. sorry for asking this in your thread, is just that you have a similar design so I was hoping you already had a solution to my dilema...

Old 12-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #46
raynefyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafasani View Post
What are you planing on using for heat?? I thought about using an UTH but I'm not sure if it's OK to place them on the wood and them maybe put some glass/plexi on top. I think I read somewhere that the underside of the UTHs should be free, that it can't be placed directly against a surface like that. Is that right or could this be done??? I'd rather use UTH for heat if it's possible..

ps. sorry for asking this in your thread, is just that you have a similar design so I was hoping you already had a solution to my dilema...
I was planning on using heat tape with a thermostat for mine, then putting plexi over top sealed with silicon or something similar that's safe for reptiles. Since I planned on making this for adult snakes I was thinking about using pegboard for the back to slide plugs and cords through but not too big for the snakes to escape. Also allows for ventilation.

For a UTH I think there are other threads in here that show how they use them in displays. I know I have seen them before. They tend to create an indented surface in the bottom of the display floor and use plexi over top. Then you can cut a groove/slot in the back wall to slide it in and out. The same process I have also considered using for heat tape, I'm still undecided yet. I could swear there was a thread somewhere around here that shows it.. I'll have to try to find it for you.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #47
rafasani
I thought about using heat tape either but I can't find it over here (I live in Brazil by the way).

I found a thread where they used a system similar to the one you described:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80564

Thanks for the help! And good luck with your project!!

Old 01-07-2010, 01:58 AM   #48
Mertin
just a thought on your display for ease of cleaning..

instead of putting a hinged plexiglas front why not put in drawer sliders on the sides of the slots and have a glass tank slide in and out?
easy to clean that way

great design by the way, Im trying to come up with something like this for mine

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google