• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Show off your vivarium

Wow!! I thought we were crazy. You should see our living room. Thanks for the pics. I like your hides. That gives me an idea.

Tank_001.jpg

Tank_002.jpg

Oops, forgot to say - this is Dahlia's vivarium. She's a year old so I thought she deserved a bigger house.

Hey!

This is the palace of my 2 cutiez, theyre about 1 1/2 months and 6 months old.
Its 1,20 metres x 60 cm x 60 cm, hope you like it!
Im still working on it, so Ill put in another picture in a couple
of days. Love your vivariums!

Greets,
Leonie

Attachments

• P1020434.jpg
    P1020434.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,230
  • P1020436.jpg
    P1020436.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,228
  • P1020437.jpg
    P1020437.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1,229
Hey!

This is the palace of my 2 cutiez, theyre about 1 1/2 months and 6 months old.
Its 1,20 metres x 60 cm x 60 cm, hope you like it!
Im still working on it, so Ill put in another picture in a couple
of days. Love your vivariums!

Greets,
Leonie

WOW that's awesome. I'd suggest sealing the wood if you haven't already, so that cage will last you forever and not just a few years.

Hey!

Good idea! Totally forgot about that and
thanks! Hope the size is okay for 2 adults...
Thanks alot!!!

Greets,
Leonie

No problem! I keep my corns in similar sized enclosures, but I do not cohab them as there are many risks to housing snakes together. Though the size is fine for housing two adults. Just make sure they have plenty of hides! :)

Very nice, all of them. Why is it not good to cohab them? I have had 4 together for several months. Two are about 8 Months & 2 are about 1 1/2 years. one has layed eggs & don't know the sex on the others yet. Most of the time they all curl up together under the newspaper. I do separate them when I feed them. I am working on my 3 level Vivarium so I can separate them.

Very nice, all of them. Why is it not good to cohab them? I have had 4 together for several months. Two are about 8 Months & 2 are about 1 1/2 years. one has layed eggs & don't know the sex on the others yet. Most of the time they all curl up together under the newspaper. I do separate them when I feed them. I am working on my 3 level Vivarium so I can separate them.

There are lots of other threads on why not to cohab. Some of the most severe reasons are illnesses, over breeding, cannibalism, and aggression. I have housed hatchlings together before, but on advice from my breeder they were separated by a year old. Generally, snakes will hit sexual maturity around two years of age, so if you have multiple males you may encounter fighting between them, and your females may be over bred (which can cause damage at the cloaca leading to egg binding). Stress from others may also cause them to go off feed. Curling up together is also a sign of competition for resources within their habitat. Snakes are not social animals, so close proximity to each other tends to stress them out. I am not one to tell someone that their methods of keeping critters is wrong, I can only suggest what I and others have experienced.

Here is another thread about cohabbing, so as to not derail this one :)
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114151&highlight=Cohabbing

This is not to say that with plenty of room they can be cohabbed! I know on several threads people discuss cohabbing without issue. But I would only do it with same sized adult females.

My two large ones are Common Red & Albino. Would that be a bad thing for them to mate? The Common Red layed 11 eggs this year. I Am getting ready to sex the Albino. My Lady I take care of has been in the Hosp. So I have been gone a lot. Hope to sex it this weekend. One and a half to young to breed?

What does " That's Why" mean. How do I learn anything if you don't explain yourself. We are getting Kathy Love's Corn Snake Morph Guide very soon. But until then.

Thank You, AliCat37 I am still learning about how to use this forum. Not real computer Savvy. I didn't see your post before I saw atmox. Thank you for your input. We will have them Separated by this weekend.

Check out my tank!

Here's my little ten gallon . . .

Attachments

• Ten Gallon (2).jpg
    Ten Gallon (2).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,164
Back