CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Little Garden Buddy

Old 08-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
Faenaria
Little Garden Buddy

This little frog keeps making appearances in my garden, he's a real sweetheart. Not a snake, but I hope you folks like it anyways I felt like a little kid when he sat on my hand.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
pridecity
So tiny! Do you know what species he is?

Old 08-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
Faenaria
He doesn't match any of our local species as far as I can see, so I sent an inquiry into the frogwatch government group.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:56 AM   #4
Christen
He is cute

Old 08-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
Stefanie
I love frogs! They are so cute

We had this little guy sit in the shrub in front of my daughter's room, keeping her up at night. So I went out with a flashlight and had to hunt him down - it took me forever lol. I felt so sorry for taking him out of his tree that I relocated him to the only other shrub in close relation, and that was the one in front of OUR bedroom window lol. My husband wasn't all that happy of a camper! But at least the frog seemed to be

Old 08-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
Faenaria
I love them! Great shot of the vocal sac expanding, he must be a noisy little guy! lol.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
TalonaCat
I like frogs ALMOST as much as I like snakes! Almost. Way cool photos everyone.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #8
Stefanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenaria View Post
I love them! Great shot of the vocal sac expanding, he must be a noisy little guy! lol.
He WAS! Look at this one (I didn't post it because it is Blurry, he spooked me when he started croaking at me and I shook lol!)
I had a perfect croaking shot after that one, but deleted it on accident
His Vocal sac expanded almost to the entire frogs size! It was truly impressive.

PS: It rained tonight and we had a frog looking for shelter in our house =) Scared my friend half to death when he jumped through the door and landed on the wall

Old 08-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #9
chris68
Who doesn't love frogs? GREAT pictures y'all :*)

Old 08-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
pridecity
I know who! People who live Cane Toad filled parts of Australia. I understand why, but I love my cane toad.

I miss living in North Carolina, if only for the anole catching and frog chasing. Here I get to catch garters, crawdads, leeches, and mosquitoes. All the frogs live in a different location that my park, as far as I can hear.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google