CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Best captures

Old 12-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #31
Nanci
This is, I believe, a pine woods snake that I misidentified at first as a smooth earth snake. It was relocated to my tortoise pen because the home owner was terrified of it. It had made a home under her garbage can, outside...

Many times when I find a snake in Florida, it is the first time I have seen one. I didn't grow up here, so I didn't grow up catching everything!

Old 12-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #32
Nanci
This is a yellow rat I caught in my yard. Very typical of the coloration here. I wanted to see if I could get it to "pose" like a tame cornsnake. We had a small discussion along the lines of "The sooner you cooperate, the sooner you can be on your way!"

Old 12-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #33
DMong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
This is, I believe, a pine woods snake that I misidentified at first as a smooth earth snake. It was relocated to my tortoise pen because the home owner was terrified of it. It had made a home under her garbage can, outside...

Many times when I find a snake in Florida, it is the first time I have seen one. I didn't grow up here, so I didn't grow up catching everything!

Yep!, that certainly is a nice red colored Pine Woods Snake Nanci. They can be extremely variable and be anything from light tan, yellowish, brown or gold, to dark red like yours there............very cool!

~Doug

Old 12-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #34
Nanci
This is a peninsula ribbon snake. Another snake I identified later at home from photos. I have found a lot of cool snakes while cycling.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #35
Nanci
A baby black racer. The first time I found one of these, in my yard, I thought it was a baby cornsnake. (I'd only ever caught one other cornsnake and didn't know _anything_ about them yet!!) It bit me about a million times. That is one clue!!

Old 12-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #36
DMong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
This is a yellow rat I caught in my yard. Very typical of the coloration here. I wanted to see if I could get it to "pose" like a tame cornsnake. We had a small discussion along the lines of "The sooner you cooperate, the sooner you can be on your way!"
HAHAHA!!, well, it looks like he cooperated with you for at least the time it took to press the button. That's a nice shot!

~Doug

Old 12-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #37
Nanci
Rough green snake:

Old 12-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #38
Nanci
This guy is out in my tortoise pen. He was SO sure I didn't see him. I didn't attempt to capture him.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #39
Nanci
Love this picture!! Making more anoles for my yard!!

Old 12-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #40
Christen
She has sweet eyes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google