CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

View Poll Results: Do you agree with wild catching corns?
Yes 91 59.48%
No 62 40.52%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions on WC

Old 01-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #51
gardenmum
You know, whoever she is, she could learn an awful lot about tempers and polite disagreements by the people she "puts down" on these forums. A great example is the debate now taking place on the morphs section. People definitely on two sides of the fence, some in between, but all expressing themselves without throwing temper tantrums and using vulgar language. Obviously this person here has not had a chance to mature yet. A shame. Life is going to be a very bumpy road if everything said in opposition to her feelings is snapped at.

I'm sorry Jicin, but I have read many threads in which you posted replies and sadly you just don't get it. You don't need to agree with everyone or everything but you do need to learn not to make rude remarks to get your point across. I sincerely hope that in time, you will realize this.

Good luck in the future for I don't expect we'll be seeing you on here anymore.

Old 01-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #52
Itsnowingcorns
gardenmum I am as shocked as you, she has NEVER behaved like this to me, but then again that's what it's like over the internet isn't it? You think you know people....

Old 01-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #53
rippit
I KNEW I'd jinx it...

...by mentioning her name. Now I think everyone can see why I called her the antichrist of the forums. Isn't she special?

Old 01-06-2005, 04:33 PM   #54
Rich Z
Not only special, but gone. I've had enough of her "holier then thou attitude".

Old 01-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #55
gardenmum
Thank you Rich. It is one thing to have her flaring her temper at times, but quite another for such language. Geesh.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:53 PM   #56
howiet4702
Thank you Rich!

Old 01-06-2005, 07:10 PM   #57
CrazyCorn
Things ARE different and thats what I pointed out earlier in this thread, MY intent was not to start a flame war, minor or not. You are using Anthropomorphism - Attaching human like qualitys to animals, My snakes I know for a fact don't give two cents worth of hoots about not being in there home range, They are still feisty, eat well, act no different than the time I have encountered them and many other things that I am too lazy to list. There may never be scientifically a way of 'proving' this, but sure as heck seems to be this way to me.

Old 01-07-2005, 06:36 AM   #58
Itsnowingcorns
*Shrugs* I'm just saying that nobody knows what they are thinking. We can presume but we can't know.

Old 01-07-2005, 10:14 AM   #59
Acradon
back to the topic

Aren't there enough captive bred corns around. Especially the states should have an overflow. Why still catch some in the wild? There is NO excuse for it. But hey go ahead and catch them all. In the end I can save 10bucks. That's enough for a couple of beers.
Cheerio Gaia

Acradon

Old 01-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #60
Itsnowingcorns
Hey thanks Acradon, finally someone who agrees with me, oh and look they're from the UK, expect some more stuff about why should we care

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google