CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

I moved and got a new neighbor
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #91
LBoz
Aww, you know what, David? (Can I call you that?) There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a new person on a forum. Heck, the beauty of it is that we can ask any kind of question we want. Nobody *expects* us to actually know anything. (and we can surprise 'em when we do!!) I mean, really...can you imagine Dean coming here and asking "hmm, should I move him up to hopper size?" Or Kathy Love..."what do you think guys, does this viv make my snake look fat?" No way!!

At 14, you're waaay ahead of me. I've only been keeping them for 6 months. As much as I've read and researched, I still only know as much as these experts have forgotten since breakfast. But it's OK. This is such a wonderful forum, and I've found that they're very forgiving. Just be who you are. You don't have to impress us. Although I have to admit, you've impressed me with the very fact that you came back here and said you were sorry. I'd never ask for more of you other than, be yourself. Have fun and give and take. I'm really proud of you at this moment. *hug*

Old 10-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #92
Carinata
oh and to robbies corn feild I am not gonna leave from shame or retort b/c its not woth it. Yea ya emailed the zoo I talked to mark and sent an apoligie. i feel that it was a bit childish to go this far. at least tyflier was nice and gave me suggestions which I took and am now saying im sorry

Old 10-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #93
Carinata
and it sounds as if you think im spider man and you just found out my identity ahhhh. Ok wrote work b/c im a lazy bum who cant half spell voulenteer I said I manage b/c i didnt want to write i sit and hand out food and clean up after animals. but all in all i love what I do and yes im an occasional voulenteer and proud so ya got me ya got the guy who is lazy as heck so there ya have it

Old 10-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #94
Rich in KY
David, that discussion is in the past. You need to move forward.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:55 PM   #95
Carinata
i know i do but after taking time ti read the whole thing i was offended

Old 10-27-2008, 01:18 AM   #96
tyflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
i know i do but after taking time ti read the whole thing i was offended
David, a LOT of us were put off by this entire thread. Robbie wasn't trying to "bust" you...he was verifying your information. The attitude you were displaying was, I am quite sure, not something that the Luray Zoo would want to be associated with in such a public manner. There is nothing wrong with alerting them that one of their employees was acting in such a manner. It is certainly not Robbie's fault that the things you told us were different than the reality of the situation. If I were the owner of a business that thrived on nothing more than word of mouth and earned integrity, I would absolutely want to know if someone was "soiling my name" with these sorts of antics. There is nothing wrong with what Robbie did. In fact, I'd wager a bet that if everything you told us was 100% accurate to a "T", you would not be offended that it was posted. But that's a different story...

Ultimately, I think that if you move on, get over this incident, and learn to control your behavior and conduct yourself in a respectable and respectful manner, you will find yourself becoming a valued member of this community.

I told you before, in private...this community does not judge people based on their age or the number of snakes they have, or the number of years they have been keeping them. The members of this community judge people based solely and entirely upon the quality of their posts, and the manner in which they conduct themselves. You are being given the opportunity to step back, re-evaluate what you expect to get and what you expect to contribute with this forum, and really evaluate how you would like to be known here. This is your second chance. Make it worth everyone's while...most importantly your own...and treat this forum as if it is a public place where you talk face-to-face with other enthusiasts. I seriously doubt that you would act in a disrespectful manner in person, and you should treat this forum no differently. You may end up meeting some of us one day. There are a LOT of us that travel, and you just never know. It would be a shame to blow a good connection and a quality friendship over bragging, wouldn't it?

Anyhow...from me to you...I hope you've learned something and I hope you take the advice you've been given from myself and I'm sure others. Take the opportunity that's been given you to make a new start. I think you will like it here if you just settle in a little bit and enjoy the place and what it has to offer...

Old 10-27-2008, 06:14 AM   #97
Carinata
I have talked to the owner of the zoo. He said not to say things like that anymore and that was it i wasnt soiling his name I said nothing about him but I wan tto end this and thats that

Old 10-27-2008, 12:24 PM   #98
wade
We're all cool with it David. One thing though, what in the hell are you doing on the internet at four oclock in the morning?

Old 10-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #99
tyflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
We're all cool with it David. One thing though, what in the hell are you doing on the internet at four oclock in the morning?
He's three hours ahead of us, Wade. It was probably 6:15am when he posted it...just before school, would be my guess...

Old 10-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #100
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier View Post
He's three hours ahead of us, Wade. It was probably 6:15am when he posted it...just before school, would be my guess...
I'm pretty sure the post time converts to your local time, so he did post at 4:14 am his time. (His post time says 5:14 am when I look at it anyway.)

D80

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread