CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

CornSnake in the wild.... :)
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
danielle
That is so cute and will make for some nice walks, but did you see how purple that guy was? I know your done with snakes, but boy his little face was calling your name

Old 11-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #12
RobbiesCornField
When I come get that rack, I'm going herping in your back yard first. LOL

Old 11-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #13
dave partington
I have an ethical question.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #14
desertanimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
I have an ethical question.
It's been previously asked and discussed. There are a number of people who don't think that releasing captive-bred animals into the wild is problematic as long as they are in their natural range. Others have problems with it based on their feelings about the likely fates of the actual individual animals, while others have problems with it based on the potential (and always unknown) deleterious effects on wild populations.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #15
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
I know it's been discussed. And it doesn't bother me. My ethical question was "Why'd you leave it there?" aka "I'da grabbed that up!!!" Like a hundred dollar bill in the road...
Quite frankly, it was worth a lot more to me thinking that I may see it again someday during my walks.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:28 AM   #16
Wylie
WOW!!! I would have been overcome by excitement! Then talking about it for days, probably driving my hubby nuts, LOL! What a joy it would be to find something like THAT in the WILD!! Heck, I go crazy just finding a turtle in the wild!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #17
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
lol I can picture Rich looking out his back door cursing underneath his breath.. There's that Robbie kid again looking under logs.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #18
jesserca
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post
lol I can picture Rich looking out his back door cursing underneath his breath.. There's that Robbie kid again looking under logs.
HAHA! Well I guess there could be worse things in your backyard!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #19
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
Just don't be out there flipping over my cars.....

Heck, I've had coachwhip snakes on the porch, scarlet snakes under the palm trees, and eastern diamondbacks by the shed. Haven't seen any coral snakes lately, but they are definitely around here.

Oh yeah, I guess I shouldn't forget to tell you about the bear tracks.....

Old 11-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #20
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Just don't be out there flipping over my cars.....

Heck, I've had coachwhip snakes on the porch, scarlet snakes under the palm trees, and eastern diamondbacks by the shed. Haven't seen any coral snakes lately, but they are definitely around here.

Oh yeah, I guess I shouldn't forget to tell you about the bear tracks.....
Rattlers and Scarlets and Bears! Oh joy!

Don't worry, I'll leave your cars alone. I have a healthy respect for anything that goes "VROOM!" and doesn't sound like a lawn mower on steroids.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread