CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

CornSnake in the wild.... :)
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #21
Caryl
How would I like to find that in my backyard? Very much, thanks!

Gee, someone could do a thesis about what survives and reproduces on Rich & Connie's grounds......assuming of course that the bears and squirrels didn't eat the prospective scholar!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #22
Calift
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
I have an ethical question.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #23
yellowbellyhippy
oooo I would have scooped him up too! Beautiful! I always think the wild is tough ...I like to baby my souls.
I know Im not the norm though~

Old 11-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #24
tricksterpup
I am not sure whose house it would be more fun to go looking for Cornsnakes at?? Rich's or Stephen Wagner's? lol

Its ok, the late night chat people would understand this one.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #25
snakemom1961
Personally Rich, I think you should set up herping adventures on your land. The person who finds the most extravagant snake wins 100 bucks. Of course, you will charge money for these herping trips and make money on the side........Depending on how much you charged I'd be there in a heartbeat..lol

Old 11-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #26
Rich Z
One of the things we plan on doing during retirement is to cut a bunch of hiking and biking trails all through our property. Honestly, we have never even walked over most of our land yet.

As for having herping adventures here, nah, too much liability involved. Imagine someone stepping onto something like this (Connie found it along the path one day while dumping compost)......

Old 11-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #27
harm781
With something like that on your property you don't need a watch dog just post a sign beware of with its picture. No worries of people wandering onto your land. Lol

Old 11-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #28
chad27
Oh thats a nice rattle snake

Old 11-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #29
Buzzard
I think that rattler just needs a hug......

Old 11-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #30
bfreewally1
Odds are all your released snakes will die. It`s cruel. Let the wild ones live there and stop trying to change mother nature. Sell them and make a few bucks. Morphs don`t do well in the wild. Maybe one in a million will survive..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread