• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How do you deal with your family/friends you love ridiculing you for having snakes.

Nanyia

Basicly the title.
In my case its my family and they dont do it to make fun of me just to make me "see" that im being "weird" and dont follow their standards

I don't see owning a snake as being weird, and most people I know don't either. So perhaps the people that act that way are in fact the "Weird Ones" and you should find a way to let them know it.

I guess for me, it's because I have had a pet snake since I was 17 and I'm 60 now. So for the past 43 years, everyone I know has seen with snakes, or at least they knew I had a snake. I guess they are all just used to me like that.

Some of them don't like snakes personally, but they understand I do, and they know my snake is just like their dog or cat. (I've actually had dogs, cats, fish, birds and snakes in the past).

My family has finally accepted my love for snakes, they tried to play fun of me but don't anymore. If they love you they accept IMO.:eek:k_01:

Back