CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Ambient temps during the night??

Old 04-23-2018, 02:16 PM   #1
Saml8
Ambient temps during the night??

Set up for 4-6 month old snow corn:
-10 gal with UTH on one side hooked up to thermostat. Probe sits on glass above mat and keeps temp between 84-86 under substrate.
- I have a digital thermometer on the other side sitting on top of the substrate. During the day that temperature stays between 72 and 75 but at night it cools off quite a bit and the ambient temperature on the cool side gets down to the high 60's (67+).

*is there a way to heat ambient temperature at night (besides space heater).

Old 04-23-2018, 02:52 PM   #2
Dragonling
Temperatures drop in the wild, too. I don't see an issue. If it gets too cold on the cool side it will move to the warm.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:11 PM   #3
Twolunger
I think our member Karl had the solution. You don't really need to raise the temp in the whole vivarium. Have a heat pad on the warm side and one on the cool side set to the substrate temps you desire.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:21 PM   #4
DeuceRon
I would think that the corn would stay where it's comfortable. Your temps look good to me, but the two mat idea is a good one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google