CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New to snakes. Help us be patient!

Old 04-22-2014, 05:23 PM   #11
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
And I remember the days of skimming over the breeding sections of Kathy's and Don's books. And I was glad to have them available when that info became relevant!
I did the same thing! I never plan to breed, and I just skimmed over those sections. Maybe someday they will become useful to me!

Old 04-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #12
Popcorn715
Thanks all!

I think we will try taking him out when it's time to feed and see how that goes. DD is anxious to handle him a bit anyway. He was out prowling last night so I wonder if he's getting hungry. It was nice to finally really get to see him even if it was in the dark with the help of a red led flashlight

He has also taken to just hanging out in the tree stump hide during the day instead of staying buried so hopefully he's getting more comfortable. I had bought the last one of those that our Petco had so I went to another store today and found another one so he can have a warm one and a cool one. The other hides we have are a lot more open so I don't think he likes them as much. I also did a little tank rearranging and stuck in a couple more plants. We kind of had everything pushed to the back before so he'd have more room not realizing he actually wouldn't like that. Does it look better now?

Old 04-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #13
Tavia
It looks great now! He should be happy with that.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:41 AM   #14
smigon
It looks great! They really do love their cover, so in a corn's life the more clutter the better!

Old 04-26-2014, 06:42 PM   #15
Popcorn715
First handling session!

He seemed to like her bracelets

Old 04-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #16
The Cat
He's beautiful. So is your viv, it's quite impressive.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #17
hypnoctopus
Your viv looks great!

Old 04-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #18
Popcorn715
Thanks everyone! We think he's pretty too...I was initially quite surprised at DD's choice of color (I promise she's not a pink girly girl in the least!), but he's very striking.

As for the viv, I tend to get into these things a bit. Glad it looks good to all the experts!

Old 04-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #19
Myca
Welcome. It sounds like you have a very responsible 11 years old. An animal hobby is a great thing for a kid to develop. I love to hear about kids that do so much research. Hopefully, this snake will lead your daughter into great future things.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google