• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

☼ How The Crap Did This Happen???? ☼

sinisterserpents1

Love All, Trust A Few
Ok I need some help here guys! I have a huge normal female. She was one of the first corns we ever got. We've bred her 3 times since we've had her. First time was with an amel. Got all normal babies het amel of course. Second time we bred her with a king and made jungle corns. This last time we bred her with my hypo lav. to make normals het hypo lav BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT IS COMING OUT OF THESE EGGS!!!!!!!

Only 3 babies are out so far. These are the pics of them.
This is the first normal.
View attachment 130351
He/She has a very grey head
View attachment 130352
Then this one came out!!
View attachment 130353
What in the world is at work here?
View attachment 130354
Here is a belly shot
View attachment 130355

More to come so please wait. Thanks!

Last edited:
This is the second normal out
View attachment 130356
Again with a grey head
View attachment 130357
This is the belly shot of the normal
View attachment 130358
Here they all are together! What do you guys think???
View attachment 130359

There are a total of 19 eggs. We have 4 more pipping so far. One is def another light corn, 2 are def normals, and the 4th one may be another light one. Can't tell just yet.

I'm just bumfuzzled!!!! How'd this happen??

Thanks in advance to any and all answers or suggestions!!

Last edited:
Well I thought that, but these just don't look like hypos. I know this isn't possible, but to maybe give you an idea of what they resemble is ultramels. We have some ultramels hatching this very second and if you put these two side by side you can't tell the difference, except for the eyes are a little different.

But hypo is the only thing that made sense to me. Just don't look like hypos to me. Not that I'm an expert.

Thanks guys!

Hypos vary greatly. Some look almost like normals, and some look like your critters. My Nautley is a hypo, but he looks more "normal" unless you see his belly or stare very closely as his borders.

The lighter ones look like my Hypo baby. Are there a couple pics of Anery babies too?

No no anery babies, just normals.

Hypos vary greatly. Some look almost like normals, and some look like your critters. My Nautley is a hypo, but he looks more "normal" unless you see his belly or stare very closely as his borders.

So this probably solves it. Yay!! Isn't it fun to prove out a hidden gene! lol Thanks again guys!

CASE SOLVED!

Yep, it appears as though your girl is het hypo.

If you think the babies look a little off for hypo, take into consideration they are het lav too. Lav genes, even in het form, can some times make a morph a little lighter or colorful. :)

Sounds like they haven't had time to shed yet...

You will surprised how different they will look after their shed. I have had a few babies that really threw me for a loop. But once they shed, they didn't look quite as "weird" as I thought they were. Your hypos will probably look more like regular hypos - post photos again if they don't.

Hope you get lots of hypos - so pretty!

Thanks Becky and Kathy! Yeah the lav gene probably is at work, which would be why they do look lighter. And I'm sure they will look different once they shed. I hope I get lots more hypos too! lol I'll post more pics later. Thanks once again guys!

I have the same situation, sort of. I bred a male pied side bloodred that had no other traits I was aware of to a hypo lavender. Here are the first three to leave their eggs.

Attachments

• AG67E1_1.JPG
    AG67E1_1.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 135
Things that make you go hmmmmm lol Don't ya just love it! Venus, who is my normal girl that this thread is about, is one of my favorite corns and it just tickles me to death to know she's has a het! lol

You can post more pics when your clutch is thru. I'd like to see them! Thanks!

Very nive babies, looks like hypos. Very cool I love Hypos...wait until they are 1 year they color nicely.

Enjoy them:)

I have some that are going on a year old, but that is what puzzled me so. My hatchlings don't look anything like the hypos I got last year. They are so much lighter, but I understand how shades can vary in morphs. Thanks for the compliment Justin.

Aww I don't mean to be meanie tease!!! I wuv u guys! I just have a few more eggs to go and I haven't quite got what I'm looking for yet. But if/when I do I'll post pics then weather they are all out or not!

Back