• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

breeding mice

IMG_0272.jpg

Here are some of my devils.

Cute little Devils, lol!

Mean as a ticked off rattlesnake.....

MIce pics(these are old pic)

snakephotoshoot115.jpg

snakephotoshoot118.jpg

fortdesoto001.jpg

fortdesoto002.jpg

fortdesoto008.jpg

fortdesoto011.jpg

I would down load some new ones but I am at the library and the scan disk thingy is turned off.... It sucks because I took some awful cute pics of my Siamese dumbo earred rat project....

Mean as a ticked off rattlesnake.....

MIce pics(these are old pic)

I would down load some new ones but I am at the library and the scan disk thingy is turned off.... It sucks because I took some awful cute pics of my Siamese dumbo earred rat project....

Cool, you have very similar mice then mine. I actually thought I was looking at pics of my mice, lol! Post pics of the rats when you get a chance, I'd love to see them.

Lol. I said the same thing. I will take the lap top to the coffee house tomorrow see if I can't get them downloaded. Most of my fancy one came from john soto out of tampa. Great guy.

the hardest thing i had to do was get mice that wouldnt eat thier babies, after that it was a breeze. i cheated as i went to walmart and got 72 quart totes with locking lids and brought them home and went to drilling air holes all in them. i drilled one big enough to stick the water bottle thru. i didnt drill them real low as to give the mice something to start chewing on. i got rodent block and made a closing basket out of hardware cloth and hung it up in the enclosure and keep them some hamster food in a dish also. usually with mine at least so far, it doesnt matter which female has them they all seem to take care fo the babies. also built one for my pair of rats and it is working good for them also just had to make the air holes bigger so condensation doesnt collect in it. it may not work for everyone but is working good for me now. i will say it took forever to get ones that wouldnt eat thier young. and now am keeping females raised by them. hope this helps someone. take care all

the hardest thing i had to do was get mice that wouldnt eat thier babies, after that it was a breeze. i cheated as i went to walmart and got 72 quart totes with locking lids and brought them home and went to drilling air holes all in them. i drilled one big enough to stick the water bottle thru. i didnt drill them real low as to give the mice something to start chewing on. i got rodent block and made a closing basket out of hardware cloth and hung it up in the enclosure and keep them some hamster food in a dish also. usually with mine at least so far, it doesnt matter which female has them they all seem to take care fo the babies. also built one for my pair of rats and it is working good for them also just had to make the air holes bigger so condensation doesnt collect in it. it may not work for everyone but is working good for me now. i will say it took forever to get ones that wouldnt eat thier young. and now am keeping females raised by them. hope this helps someone. take care all

That is great advice! Keep trying till you find females that won't eat their babies and then keep illiminating any that show any tendencies of that. Even tail nibbling! On another note I have to warn people that the plastic bins have to have smooth side with no ridges or creases, or they can and probably will start chewing on it and eventually make an escape hatch.

I now have some of mine in plastic bins, in pairs, I give them toilet paper rolls and so far have had no chewing going on towards the bins. At first they investigated the air holes but after they got the tp roll it stopped. Mind some mice will be persistent though so a lot of care has to be taken. I love little mice! Having snakes allows population control heh heh heh.

Back