• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

herpers

MentalMenace

addicted and loving it
hey everyone
Ive been on this fourum for about half a year and ive talked to a lot of people and i dont even know who they are this forum is to to tell a bit about myself and i would like a lot of you to do the same.

i am a 14 year old boy that lives in hoofddorp in holland who has had an interest in in reptiles for aroud a year. half a year ago i got my first reptile (an amel corn snake) since then my collection has grown to

1 amel corn(neo)
1 anary corn(rook)
2 yellow cheek slider(elvis and donnetello)
1 pastel terrapin(ayla)
1 softshell turtel(flapper)
1 bibaros gecko(stumpie)
1 cambelli king snake(caribo)
1 water snake(pyro)
1 green iguana(napoleon)
2 bearded dragons(draco and pia)
3 fire bellied toads (tiddilic,sim and padfoot)

my other hobbys are skate boarding and going out with my friends but nothing than i enjoy more is being with my animals
i hope you guys will well somthing about yourselves and mabey post a foto thats all from me please write back

Daan

(sorry about the pis it was the ownly one with me and one of my snakes on it)

Attachments

• me and my amel.jpg
    me and my amel.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 265
Hey dude!

As promised, if you moved it, I would reply!

My real name is Ryan. I'm 22 and I'm from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. I'm a professional graphic designer/videographer. I am working on a Bachelor of Theology degree on the side. I'm getting married on May 10th!

It was originally my fiancee that got me interested in snakes and now I'm totally hooked! You can see what I have in my signature below.

My name is Iris. I'm 15 and I live in New York, USA.
I became interested in snakes in October/November 2001 and got my first snake on December 4, 2001.
I'll find a pic of me with my snakes and post it later
:)

meee

Hi my name is Brian I am 20 live in New York, and I recently got my first snake witch is an amel corn. I always loved pets I have two turtles three frogs one snake an aquarium, a bird and three rabbits. Soon to get a gecko.
Oyea congrads on getting engaged. Lots of luck !!!!!!!!!!!

Well if you insist

I am 23 years old, have been into to reptiles for about 5 yrs now. I used to breed ball pythons but I decided to go to corns about a year ago.Here are all the pets I have now:

4.5 snow corns(0.1 green snow)
1.3 anery corns(het for snow)
4.0 normal (het for hypo,bloodred,amel,and motley)
0.2 normal
1.1 normal stripe(1.0 het for amel stripe)
0.3 normal stripe/motley
1.1 ghost
1.1 normal (het for anery,hypo,and bloodred)
1.1 amel
0.1 miami

0.0.1 ball python
1.3 leopard gecko's
2.0 dogs (american spitz/chow mix and australian cattle dog)
1.2 cats (pain in the a**es)
1.1.1 birds (2 cockatiels and 1 sunconure)
0.1 ferret
0.0.1 rabbit
1.2 rat
1.1 mice
2.5 spiny mice
0.0.3 turtles
0.0.6 fish
0.1 fiancee
0.1 kid

I'm hoping to get some bloodreds,lavanders,and ambers this spring from Rich and Don. Do you all think I have too many animals. Just curious.

There ya go. That's me and my pets

Sorry I forgot my name.

Gregg

Ball Python

Quick question how is a ball python compared to a corn snake??? Are they very agressive? Are they more active? Do they like to be held? Any general info will help thanks
Brian

Brian,
I have heard both ball's and corns are "beginer snakes". Balls require more heat than corns and full grown balls can eat rats. Other than that there is not much difference in my opinion. My ball has no problems being held. I take to school with my son and let the other kids see him and handle him with no problem. My corns are still fairly small so they are very squirmish when being held. So maybe someone with adult balls and aduly corns would be better for info. But in my opion they are both great snakes and don't mind being held...

Ken

Ken

I have had both adult ball pythons and adult corns. The way that you just desribe it, is the way mine are. I've only been bit by a ball python once in my 4 years of keeping and breeding them and he was a WC adult male that just came in. So you are pretty much right.

Drizzt,
I just got tagged by my one of my corns a few weeks ago, and it drew blood. It didn't hurt more of a surprise. But my ball has never bitten, even if I pick him up while he is in shed he never seems to get irritated.

Ken

well since everyone is into this, I guess that I'll join too...lol

I am 21, just graduated with a degree in Economics in the University of Western Ontario. Going for my masters degree in Economics, planning on getting MBA in Business and CSP in banking. I currently live in London Ontario (which is in Canada...cause everyone thinks of London in the UK), with 2 part-time jobs and going for the Master Degree in Economics in UWO. Have had snakes for 15 years now, started catching my very own snake in the wild when I was 6....

I have around..
140 corn snakes (amel, anery, ghost, bloodred, amel bloodred, sunglow, candy cane, butter motleys, amel motley, anery motley, miami, lavender, opal, caramel, pewter, silver queens, snow, lime green snow, pink snow, snow motley, okeetee, charcoal, ghost motley, maybe more...just can't think of it now...lol)

3 salmon boas (two actual salmon boas, one normal het salmon)

3 emory rats (two albino emory rats, one het albino emory rat)

2.4 rhino rats

1.1 Albino Rosy Boa

1.1 Albino Nelson Milk (1.0 coming from Ken)

1.1 Honduran milk snakes

1.1 ball pythons (male poss het for caramel, female is high gold)

(I think that's it...lol)

I have a photo album where you can see some of my snakes...
URL: http://www.pbase.com/candycanecorn

Simon said:
3 salmon boas (two actual salmon boas, one normal het salmon)

Hey simon, salmon is a codominant trait, you can't have "hets" for salmon. A boa with one salmon gene (het) will be a salmon, two salmon genes (homo) is a super salmon.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm 18 and studying at the University of Central Florida (forensic science major right now).

I've been interested for snakes and reptiles since I was a child. My dad got me my first reptiles, green anoles, when I was 8-10??? maybe. We lived in NH at the time, so pretty much any lizard was exotic. (all I remember seeing was garter snakes, toads & frogs, and maybe a salamander or two)

>>Fast Forward a couple of years, move to FL in '95>> Around '96-'97 we got a pair of iguanas. They were really cool, but high maintenence (and a little mean). One escaped outside, and eventually we sold the other because it took up too much time. I might get another in the future, once I have my own house and a place to keep it.

>>Fast Forward some more>> Last year (2001) I wanted to get a snake (had for a while, but this was a little more). I wanted a boa, but my dad was unsure because of the size. Eventually I decided on a corn snake. I had also found out about the reptile expo in daytona, so we were going to go there. It was also my first reptile show, and I didn't know what to expect. Before we left, my mom said, "and don't get any snakes." Well, when we got back, we had 2 baby corn snakes, amel and okeetee. It's just progressed from there.

A little ironic: A couple months after getting the corns, my dad saw a couple boas in pet stores and other places, and then *he* said he wanted one ;) .

Current animals:
0.1 '01 amel corn
1.0 '01 okeetee corn
1.0 '01 normal corn
1.0 '01 ghost corn
0.1 '02 hypo corn
0.0.1 '02 normal (outcrossed blood??) corn

0.1 '01 BCI
0.0.1 '02 Amazon Tree Boa
0.0.1 '02 sinaloan milksnake
1.0 '02 florida kingsnake
0.1 '02 bearded dragon

Plus 1.2 dogs ;) Mijitte, Shadow, and Oreo (pomeranians)

oooo how exciting!

Hey, I'm 21 studying zoology in Scotland. In my last year just now (oooer) so trying to get a whole heap of reports done!

I like horseriding but haven't been much lately (cause of all my uni work) and heaps of other stuff (look in my profile...I'll update it one day! ;) )

Apart from the three snakes, I have 2 leopard Geckos (one is my boyfriends) and a dog (lurcher) called Meg (or 'that f*%$ing dog' when she raids the bin/steals food/etc etc)
We saw an advert for two beardies the other week and might get them. They are a possible breeding pair and I'm not sure if I could handle that yet!

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell I guess....

Well, my name is Maureen ("Mo"). I'm 23 and am finishing up my MS in "Marine, Estuarine and Environmental Science" at the University of Maryland.

I have:
corns:
1.1 snow (Flick & Holly)
1.1 normal (Fleas & Isult)
1.0 anery A (Tristan)
0.1 lavender (Opal)
1.0 opal (Chewie)
1.1 amber (Toes & Missy)
1.1 silver queen ghost (Rygel & Blue)
0.1 butter (Burre)
1.0 amel aztec (D'argo)
1.0 caramel motley (het butter) (Guinness)
1.1 pewter (Smaug & Gilina)
0.1 amel stripe (Twizzler)
0.1 amel motley (Bubbles)

plus 1.1 Guyanan Rainbow Boas (Hue & Spectra) and I am adopting 0.1 ball python from someone who is moving next week

I also have 2 insane cats (Belly & TuCat)

I am 16 year old (as of 11/27) student as a sophomore in highschool, and can't wait to get out. I've been interested in reptiles for as long as I could remember, and had about 20 big rubber snakes that I would put into people's beds around the age of 7. I had always had sort of a subcontious liking for reptiles, but I was riled when someone brought a Brazilian Rainbow Boa to school to hand off to a friend because because of housing problems. I held it once and was captivated, I thought it was just too pretty. It only took a week to convince my parents so I could get a snake ("as long as I don't have to keep it when you go to college...)". I bought my first corn at a pet store, a second from a breeder, and recently a Ball Python at a herp show.

The only previous experience I've had with reptiles before my own, my friend had a butter corn snake I use to love to play with, and I had a salamander (an amphibian..but what the heck.) that I dropped on the floor when cleaning it's cage, it died the day after. I felt really bad. As if my previous experience with salamanders wasn't bad enough, I was at summer camp during a monsoon storm, and I opened the door to check on the storm, and this thing (imagine the chaos with 6 girls in a small cabin with a creature) came running in the cabin, and reflexively I slammed the door shut. I looked down and the thing was a salamander, and it had been crushed between the door and the frame. I felt incredibly horrible, and all the other girls thought it was gross. I don't think I'll ever own a salamander again.

The End!

Here I am!

I'm Lisa and live in Italy.

Work as an Office Administrator and practice Kung Fu.

I have always been interested in all animals. A year ago I got in to herping and started with my first corn...
Since then:

1.0 Okeete "Tutankamon"
1.0 Amel "Solinari"
0.1. Anery "Nuitari"
0.1. Normal het Anery "Iside"

0.1 Pueblan Milk "Jipsy"

and

0.1. Cat "Desdemona"
0.1. Cat "Nefertiti"

Have a job keeping the cats away from the snakes, separate rooms for them since Nefertiti seems to think they look very tasty!

I think that is all :))

Lisa

yo yo yo

I'm Steve.

I live in the uk and i'm 46,i got into snakes about 2 years ago when i swapped a large female b/dragon for 2 hatchling corns,i got the better deal i think.

STEVE...............

Attachments

• spy.gif
    spy.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 108
I'm female, 23, just graduated college with a major in Studio Art and am currently unemployed! I've only been unemployed for a couple weeks, but it sucks. Art is what brought me to snakes. I have always been interested in reptiles and wanted an iguana really really badly when I was younger-- thank God Mom said no! Then I made a lithograph about 2 years ago that was just snake bodies with no heads, and ever since then, snakes are all I can focus on in my artwork. They fascinate me! Last December I bought my first corn snake to act as a pet and a model for more work. One snake, I found out very quickly, simply was not enough! I couldn't handle not having a snake to handle, photograph, or just watch while Irwin digested or shed, so I bought another. Later, I got myself a ball python. Love the ball, and so I have a green hypo ball coming as soon as the weather warms up. Someone should have warned me how addictive herps are. I also got my brother an anery corn that I take care of for the most part. I love the hobby and still can't stop painting and drawing them.

Well, I'm another Ken from Michigan. I'm 28, and an Aircraft Electrical & Environmental Systems Craftsman for the USAF. Up until recently, I was also a reserve police officer. As for education, I'm currently working on finishing up concurrent Bachelor's degrees in Biology and Criminal Justice.

My other interests include shooting, as well as academic herpetology. I've maintained memberships in the AZA, AAZK, Herpetologists' League, SSAR, and ASIH. Currently, I'm working on organizing a regional herp society for the SE Michigan area.

The herps that I currently keep include:
2.2 Tumbes boa constrictors
1.1 Bolivian boa constrictors
1.1 Colombian boa constrictors; het Kahl albino
1.1 Colombian boa constrictors; double het snow
1.0 Colombian boa constrictor; double het ghost
0.1 Colombian boa constrictor; het anerythristic
1.1 Colombian boa constrictors; reverse stripe
1.0 Green tree python; Sorong-type
1.3 Olive pythons
1.1 Womas
1.1 Children's pythons
1.1 Cape York spotted pythons
1.1 Namibian house snakes
1.0 African house snake; albino
4.8 African house snakes; various colors
1.0 San Diego gopher snake; snow
0.1 San Diego gopher snake; Applegate albino
0.1 San Diego gopher snake; anerythristic
0.1 San Diego gopher snake; heterozygous albino
1.0 Bull snake; albino white-sided
0.1 Bull snake; albino
0.1 Bull snake; hypomelanistic
1.1 Northern pine snake
1.1 Black milk snake
1.0 Honduran milk snake; tangerine, het albino
0.1 Honduran milk snake; albino tricolor
1.0 Black rat snake; white-sided
0.1 Black rat snake; albino
1.1 Corn snakes; ghost motley
1.1 Corn snakes; amelanistic striped
1.1 Corn snakes; Okeetee, het hypo
1.1 Corn snakes; candycane
1.1 Corn snakes; flourescent orange
1.0 Corn snake; pewter
0.1 Corn snake; blood red
1.0 Corn snake; snow, het stripe
0.1 Corn snake; amel, het anery & striped
1.0 Corn snake; double het ghost
0.1 Corn snake; ghost
1.0 Corn snake; blizzard, het anery A
0.1 Corn snake; anery, het amel & striped
1.1 Eyelash viper; yellow phase
1.0 Monocle cobra; albino
0.2 Monocle cobra; het albino
?.? Leopard geckos (I lost count)
?.? Inland bearded dragons (ditto)

Of course, there's more in works for 2003, including eastern indigos.

Goodie

Hi all,
I'm Jessie from North Carolina and I'm 16, I home school and I hope to become an author. My current 'addictions' include Corn Snakes and Anime :D
I've loved animals since before I can remember and caught and observed several herps over the years. I've kept Green Anoles, Newts, Box Turtles, and two years ago I got my first corn snake. after a full year I came back from staying at a freinds house for the weekend and she had escaped through the crack for her heaters cord, I was hopeful that I'd find her again for a while but she never showed up. Then this fall I saw an ad for a herp show and got it in my head to get another snake, I bought a female snow who had never eaten before and later decided that she wasn't interested in eating at all. That's when I started looking for info and found this place.
Now I'm sure when I get my snake to cooperate and start eating, I'll be expanding my menagerie next year to include a few more snakes. :)
Jessie

Back