CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

My non-corn collection

Old 11-03-2020, 11:09 AM   #51
67temp
I recently got a new species of colubrids to work with. These are Natrix Natrix Natrix or Europe grass snakes.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Old 11-03-2020, 11:45 AM   #52
hypnoctopus
Cute. Are those babies?

Old 11-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #53
67temp
Yup, uscbb. They are tiny. The female is about the size of a baby corn now and will max out around 3' eating med mice. The male currently can fit on a dime and should be 18-24" and eating fuzzies when grown.

Old 11-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #54
hypnoctopus
Holy cow, that's tiny! Well they are super cute.

Old 11-03-2020, 04:30 PM   #55
SnakeCreations
They're adorable, congrats!

Old 11-30-2020, 02:13 PM   #56
67temp
After a few years I finally brought myself around to getting another axanthic IJ. My first one was a male that had passed while in quarantine due to kidney failure. This axanthic girl is 66%ph granite.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Old 11-30-2020, 02:15 PM   #57
hypnoctopus
I really like the look of the IJ carpet pythons but I've heard they can be temperamental. She's really pretty!

Old 11-30-2020, 02:26 PM   #58
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
I really like the look of the IJ carpet pythons but I've heard they can be temperamental. She's really pretty!
Honestly I wouldn't really call them temperamental. It's more of a defensive nippy behavior for the first year. My granite was nippy for the first year. The two normals I got when they were just a few months old and have shown no issues. The axanthic is a year old and was a breeder hold back with no signs of biting. The carmel jag is still nippy but she also has some neuro when stressed so handling has been limited but she is gradually getting better. Once they are out of that nippy baby stage they are super placid.

Old 11-30-2020, 03:12 PM   #59
hypnoctopus
That's good to know - puts them back on my "maybe in the future" list!

Old 11-30-2020, 03:36 PM   #60
67temp
Personally for me they are in my #2 spot right after corns. That's for just IJ's not the other carpets. They are way better than my retics, cal kings, balls, trans-pecos, bci, atb, northern pines, house snakes and grass snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google