CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Will a corn snake eat other snakes?

Old 04-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #91
Hypancistrus
See those photos are all the evidence I'll ever need. If that is even a remote possibility, the only way I can stop it is by not cohabbing. So I will not cohab.

Then again, I also don't go onto dog rescue sites and use my first post ever to start a conversation about how great puppy mills are....

Old 04-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #92
Naagas
^^ Lol! So true!

Old 04-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #93
snakewispera snr
I think field herping holds the answer to co habing snakes.......
Unless it's breeding season how often do you find snakes in groups cuddling...
I find slow worms in the same spot all the time, but never snakes...

Old 04-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #94
dan803
Maybe we should just stop feeding the troll. There's nothing more that can be done for him.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #95
smallet
Well here is what personal experience I have that would convince me not to cohabitate snakes. Put male and female corn together for first breeding. Everything went fine no aggression from either snake. Second time around the female bit the male, but let go and they bred. Third time she bit and immediately started to constrict him. Had to pry her off him to keep her from killing him. Is why I am always in the room and right on hand when I have two snakes together for any reason. And this was a very recent event. Was also a good thing I had extra hands to get them apart or I would probably be short on proven breeding male.

So in short: No snakes together except supervised breedings.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #96
dan803
I think he's gone anyway.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #97
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan803 View Post
I think he's gone anyway.
And yet the thread is still here. It's okay for it to continue after the OP is gone. Really.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #98
dan803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
And yet the thread is still here. It's okay for it to continue after the OP is gone. Really.
At this point I just think more posts about the dangers of cohabbing is just beating a dead horse.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #99
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan803 View Post
At this point I just think more posts about the dangers of cohabbing is just beating a dead horse.
And it's fine for you to feel that way but it doesn't necessarily mean others won't want to share their own views or experiences.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #100
susang
I'm with you Lauren, I came to this forum because I was told co-habbing was OK. I realized on my own it was a bad idea, but this forum confirmed it for me.

The forum always amazes me however at the number of people who come on here for advice and then go ahead and do it their way.

On the other hand we could always discuss this issue http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51941
just saying

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google