CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Will a corn snake eat other snakes?

Old 04-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #71
boabass6
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
I'm so glad you are here to educate us.... And your experience is exactly what... Apologies pre empted if you turn out to be a prof of herps.....
I've been taking care of snakes through out my life and have never had a snake suffer sickness or ill fate because of my practices.

In any case, I just talked to my veterinarians. One of them has been breeding everything from anacondas to garder snakes for 10+ years. They've practiced same-species co-habbing on a variety of species with no report of snakes eating each other.

I will continue the research. This is where I close the topic because I am tired of checking back to see if there are any intelligent replies, and only receiving useless, close minded, rude and cynical inquiry.

Good day.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #72
reptile65
Quote:
Originally Posted by boabass6 View Post
I've been taking care of snakes through out my life and have never had a snake suffer sickness or ill fate because of my practices.

In any case, I just talked to my veterinarians. One of them has been breeding everything from anacondas to garder snakes for 10+ years. They've practiced same-species co-habbing on a variety of species with no report of snakes eating each other.

I will continue the research. This is where I close the topic because I am tired of checking back to see if there are any intelligent replies, and only receiving useless, close minded, rude and cynical inquiry.

Good day.
Just for future reference, the correct spelling of "garder" snakes is garter. Also, if a veterinarian told me they supported co-habbing, I would immediately find a new one...

Old 04-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #73
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile65 View Post
Just for future reference, the correct spelling of "garder" snakes is garter. Also, if a veterinarian told me they supported co-habbing, I would immediately find a new one...
I am 100% with Kyle. It's one of the first things my vet asks anytime we take in an ill snake.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #74
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
I am 100% with Kyle. It's one of the first things my vet asks anytime we take in an ill snake.
And you would think that someone who has kept snakes throughout their life would know that snakes don't get "pregnant".......

Old 04-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #75
susang
Well all I can say is your screen name suits you and the way you are acting.
I know that is not a debate just an observation.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #76
susang
OH! just so you know we can all see you lurking about.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #77
reptile65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
Hehe. My name isn't Kyle. You're close though...

Old 04-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #78
dan803
For the animals' sakes I hope this is just a troll getting a cheap thrill.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #79
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by susang View Post
Sooooo go for it, but why in the world did you start a thread knowing you would not change your mind and few would agree with you.

Good point Susan.

But this is done to stroke the ego. When the ego is ""low"", usually from nonco-habbing, it must prove itself of worth. If the ego was able to live a solitary life this process wouldn't be necessary. (There's the twist)
Overall, if the OP did a research on the topic on this forum, they would of understood that this thread is moot.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #80
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan803 View Post
For the animals' sakes I hope this is just a troll getting a cheap thrill.
Me and you both.

Lenny you make an excellent observation too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google