CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Do Corn Snakes Love?

Old 11-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #61
mfick
I feel like my snakes tolerate me, but would eat me if I was small enough

Old 11-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #62
Allalaskan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfick View Post
I feel like my snakes tolerate me, but would eat me if I was small enough
Since my Male bp has bitten me more then a few times with being as big as I am now, I would have to agree on that sentiment lol. I know he would eat me if I was small enough.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #63
visceralrepulsion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allalaskan View Post
Since my Male bp has bitten me more then a few times with being as big as I am now, I would have to agree on that sentiment lol. I know he would eat me if I was small enough.
i agree, ive experienced this a couple times when i forgot to wash my hands after handling mice before feeding. they definitely were trying to consume my finger!

Old 11-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #64
Allalaskan
Quote:
Originally Posted by visceralrepulsion View Post
i agree, ive experienced this a couple times when i forgot to wash my hands after handling mice before feeding. they definitely were trying to consume my finger!
haha, he doesnt care clean hands or not! When feeding day is near he knows. I open the cage to mist it and he sticks his head out bobbing side to side (I have learned when he does that he intends to strike) looking at my hand like "MMMM MMMMM". My Female bp and Seth corn (who my son found the other day thank God) they have never stuck at me even if my hands smell like food, but Jericho......he has a feeding response like no other lol. If its warm, hes ganna go after it. I have learned with him that I have to approach him carefully when I get him out or I will get bit.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #65
Snakes Incorporated

Old 11-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #66
mfick
You've got something on your finger....

Old 11-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #67
Snakes Incorporated
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfick View Post
You've got something on your finger....

Yes just a Little love snuggle and nibble

Old 11-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #68
venom2011
Ok my thoughts.... personally I think this is a really interesting thread, I was sitting with Destiny earlier and thought how can people say snakes don't feel some sort of emotion, do they love? I don't know and personally don't care but I do def feel they build up a bond. Destiny was out earlier walking on the sofa and kept coming back to me for snuggles, yes before you say it she was coming back for warmth but she could have tried to get warm somewhere else so she clearly knows I am safe and this surely has to be triggered off by emotion. My boyfriend was also saying that when he entered his bedroom earlier our lavander corn was waiting and watching for my fella to get him out of the viv and when I go round there and hold casper and my OH is in the room he always tries to get to my oh so again if they felt nothing they wouldnt give a poo who was holding them. I think snakes are far more intellegent then people care to accept. I personally think both me and my Royal Python are building up a nice bond TOGETHER where as me and my corn snake Scooby have a long way to go on both sides.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #69
thelivingoddity
Quote:
our lavander corn was waiting and watching for my fella to get him out of the viv
It's funny, I've read that a lot of corn snakes just kind of stay in their hides most of the time and have to be uncovered to be taken out and handled. But my Seamus apparently feels the vibrations of me coming in and emerges on his own, then rests his head and stares at me very intently until I open his viv, at which point he happily climbs out onto my shoulders.

My corn has never bitten anyone before I had him, and he's certainly made no attempts at me, even with mouse-smelling hands and even when I give him his shot (ouch!)

There is a garter snake in the zoology lab at college... And it's pretty horrible the way they take care of all the critters they have in there But this garter snake rushes to the front of the tank when I go to take a look at him. He has a large dent/chunk missing on his back, and something about his manner almost says "please rescue me".

Old 11-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #70
visceralrepulsion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes Incorporated View Post
what morph is this snake? he/shes reallyyyy neat looking!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google