CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Snake can't digest food!

Old 11-09-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
nerdysnake
Unhappy Snake can't digest food!

I fed my 23-year-old snake back in July and a week later,she regurgitated it. She refused to eat again for a long time, but two days ago she finally ate again, last night she regurgitated again! I talked to a reptile expert and he said that I should raise the heat, so I did, and she still regurgitated! I don't know what to do. She eats thawed our small rats as she is scared of mice. I got her two years ago from an abuse case so she was really malnourished. I started feeding her every 10-14 days and she would eat every time, but then starting this year she has either been not eating or regurgitating. Please help!

Old 11-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #2
Shiari
It is time to take her to a reptile vet... and also consider euthanasia. She's very old, and if she can't/won't eat then there is something very very wrong with her and none of us here nor you can fix it.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #3
nerdysnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
It is time to take her to a reptile vet... and also consider euthanasia. She's very old, and if she can't/won't eat then there is something very very wrong with her and none of us here nor you can fix it.
I will see when the soonest appointment is What is the typical lifespan of a corn snake? Do they die on their own normally?

Old 11-10-2016, 08:36 AM   #4
Nanci
Anything over 20 is amazing. I haven't had a snake die of old age, but from what I've read here, they just slow down, quit eating. It takes a really long time for a snake to starve to death. Months. She "should have" felt like eating, after the regurge, but that could have been a sign of bodily functions slowing down.

Whatever you do, no matter what anyone tells you, please do not freeze her to euthanize her yourself. It is not humane.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
regurgitation, snake wont eat