CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

cuddling corn snakes

Old 12-30-2004, 06:41 PM   #61
Alias47
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornman1979
You are the bigot, it's your way or no way am i wrong?
Just because i have SUCSESFULLY housed snake TOGETHER for over 12 years with no canablism you think you know my experiences to the contary?
I go off experience alone, which is what has stud me in good stead when other people come to me for advice (which if you go to the forum in a previous post i get asked for by name).
I am not a bigot...and have never turned this discussion to race, creed, color, country of origin, sex, or handicap. I am NOT saying you are WRONG...I am saying that you may house your snakes together...and you always will...SO BE IT. I am saying it is irresponsible to portray your vast knowledge and positive experience with this practice...as a good way to care for your snakes to new people with no or very little experience. It is NOT recommended.
You may have EXPERIENCE but it is painfully evident that you are NOT an expert. And neither am I...but I can document my position...and all you can do is tell me you are the great master and everyone should listen to you because Steve so and so says you know what you are talking about.

You are ridiculous...and not worth my time.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:42 PM   #62
cornman1979
so your not even willing to acept that my experience comes into it when i give out advice on an English forum on corns on a dailly basis?

Just like your experience on here then. Yeah?

Old 12-30-2004, 06:44 PM   #63
cornman1979
If i am not worth the Time to reply then why are you replying to my posts?

Old 12-30-2004, 06:47 PM   #64
Alias47
Quote:
why does it not make logical or factual sence? People in the UK and quite a number from the us who comes to the above forum house their snakes together with no problems what so ever. Fact tell me the percentace of corn snakes that eat each other? Whilst you at it tell me how many people are murderes on a dailly basis? then tell which percentige is more.
Completely IRRELEVANT comparison.

Snakes do not MURDER other snakes....they EAT them.
If you want to compare...compare the number of snakes that eat other snakes in a day to the number of people that eat other people in a day and factor for total worldwide population.
That MIGHT show you who cannibilizes more of their own species...but nothing else. This conversation has nothing to do with people killing people...it is about people keeping their pets in the healthiest and happiest environment possible...something that is within their control...not out of it like murder or war.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:52 PM   #65
Alias47
Quote:
so your not even willing to acept that my experience comes into it when i give out advice on an English forum on corns on a dailly basis?

Just like your experience on here then. Yeah?

Most of my experience comes from not only hands on...but reading everything I possibly can about reptiles. You can dish out whatever advice you like...Thank God I am not new to reptiles and on that forum taking your advice. Besides ANYONE can give advice on anything anywhere on a forum...doesn't make you smart, or experienced OR CORRECT.

If I counted my experience the way you do...I would have 24 years of it.
So take MY advice...being the elder and the more experienced.
Take a couple lessons in logic.
Because it happens to work for you, GREAT...Don't tell new people they should run right out and fill a tank with corns. It is NOT recommended (by anyone other than you)...and as soon as you have a cannibalization...you won't recommend it either.

Why play Russian Roulette?

Old 12-30-2004, 06:59 PM   #66
cornman1979
I don't
Quote:
Don't tell new people they should run right out and fill a tank with corns.
I tell them of my experience with housing corns together as it's a VERY COMMON QUESTION if you hadn't noticed.

I think it should be up to the indiviual what method of housing they chose. Weather it be singerly or 2 or more together.

Quote:
If I counted my experience the way you do...I would have 24 years of it.
You don't count 24 years of keeping purley snakes experience?

in that case was somebody else looking after them for you?

Quote:
Most of my experience comes from not only hands on...but reading everything I possibly can about reptiles.
Fine if you keep differant reptiles but when you only keep snakes and have a degree in reptile and amphibian science, i think that speaks for itself, does it not?

Old 12-30-2004, 10:47 PM   #67
JTGoff69
WHEW!! I'm glad you guys have gone to your neutral corners! For me, it's just not worth it to house them together. If they are worth purchasing, they are worth spending the money to house them separately. Hopefully, new owners will think twice before buying multiple corns and house them together only to discover that one day either one had a disease and gave it to the rest, or worst case scenario devoured the others. Their lives are just not worth the chance as I see it. I respect everyone's opionions though, and you are all entitled to it, this is just my thought on the subject.

Old 12-31-2004, 05:20 AM   #68
cornman1979
Quote:
Hopefully, new owners will think twice before buying multiple corns and house them together only to discover that one day either one had a disease and gave it to the rest, or worst case scenario devoured the others
I agree, any new snake needs to be quantined for a minimum of 6 weeks, but i recomend a period of 3 monthes and stool samples taken at the strt and evey 3 weeks after till the quarentine period is up as this is most likey when someting will show up.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:31 AM   #69
TripleMoonsExotic
I don't believe JT was speaking for quarantine there, my dear. I'm pretty sure he/she (sorry!) meant housing them together AT ALL.

"If they are worth purchasing, they are worth spending the money to house them separately."

Old 12-31-2004, 10:46 AM   #70
cornman1979
maybe thats what JTGoff69, but i was looking at it from a quarantine point of veiw. JMHO

Quote:
Hopefully, new owners will think twice before buying multiple corns and house them together only to discover that one day either one had a disease and gave it to the rest

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google