CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Housing snakes together - my very, very long opinion

Old 01-14-2005, 07:55 AM   #31
oldhand
forgot to say, i am dead chuffed to to meet Kathy and Rick.
Kathy for the help through her book and website and Rick because of this site and some of the best looking corns i have seen.
Are some of the photo's in your book from Rick, Kathy?

Old 01-14-2005, 08:47 AM   #32
MegF.
Sounds like a great idea! Can that be done Rich?

Old 01-14-2005, 08:54 AM   #33
Mangrove
Lightbulb

why dont we just put an end to this fude, i dont want anyone to get angry, it all depends on what you want to do and how your snakes react. you might have snakes that love eachother and ones that culdnt go a day in the same tanks, but i think htta all depends on the personalities of your snake, and i think this is sjut foolish to be bickering like this, it is your own decision if you want to house them together or not, its up to you and no one can change that

Old 01-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #34
kathylove
I don't really understand why the housing together subject is so emotional to so many people. Facts are facts, and people choose their own risk level everyday in everything they do. Why wouldn't we want them to make up their own minds on this subject, once they have read all of the facts?

To Oldhand,
Yes, there are some photos by Rich, by Don S., and by a few others in the current edition. The photos without any credit are by Bill. The others have the photographer's name under the photo. The updated version (due out in about 3 months or so) will have a lot more photos and many will be by Don S. He sent us a zillion or so to choose from, and they were really super!

Old 01-14-2005, 10:23 AM   #35
Kel
Kathy, I guess it's an emotive subject as we all care about our snakes so much, regardless of which view we take.

For some of us, any risk to our Corns - no matter how minimal - is unacceptable. This means that those of us taking the risk of housing together are seen as irresponsible and are told as much, sometimes very bluntly. Nobody here wants to have another Corn keeper thinking badly of them, responses are given in kind and so threads get heated and personal very quickly.

It seems to me that the only middle ground is to provide the facts as you've done so clearly and let people make up their own minds, as you suggest.

Everybody - Throughout any debate, we need to bear in mind that the one thing we ALL have in common is our wish to provide the best possible care for our Corns, otherwise we wouldn't be here. I sometimes get the feeling that we lose sight of this in the heat of the moment.

Old 01-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #36
Itsnowingcorns
Kel I agree with you all the way there, that was nicely said!

Old 01-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #37
RajilNasa
Wow this housing together just gets beat to death on any and all forums. The reason it becomes so heated is mostly because the people who are 100% not for it, seem to try to force this upon someone who is for the most part just ASKING if its ok to house together. Like someone else said, we take risk everyday, just going out and getting a pet of any kind is a risk, your risking your money, bodily harm and lots of other things I'm sure. Some of us are bigger risk takers than others so if 1 person thinks its worth it and someone else dosent, that shouldnt be seen as an opening to force your opinion on others.

Old 01-14-2005, 05:01 PM   #38
Packerfan4
Lmao

Quote:
Packerfan4 First off whatever exeriences you got when you were 3 mean absolutly nothing now. Im sure you were very good at such responsibilities at the ripe old age of 3. If you want to house your snakes together thats fine with me. Nothing I would practice in our house though. Yes we do have more than one.
My wife and I have been keeping snakes for just over a year now.
=Joker

HAHAHAH ur a smart one...wow you've been keepin snakes a whole year. i guess u probably know a lot more than me since you've had snakes for a year im sure i havent learned a thing in the 12 years i've been keepin them...ur a dumb one

Old 01-14-2005, 05:05 PM   #39
MegF.
Rajil. I think the issue is, if you want to take chances with yourself, that's fine. But to risk the health of an innocent animal who's normal behavior does not include cuddling up with anything, that's different. I think people get very heated because they feel the animal may be suffering abuse or stress. Anyone who cares about their animals should feel this way I would think.

Old 01-14-2005, 06:04 PM   #40
Serpwidgets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerfan4
in the 12 years i've been keepin them...
Quote:
I may only be 17 but i got my first corn when i was 3
Quote:
ur a dumb one
Quote:
so maybe u should shut ur mout.
wut

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google