CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Have you been bitten by a CORN?
Yes, more than once. 108 36.99%
Yes, only once 34 11.64%
Nope, not yet 150 51.37%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Bitten?

Old 03-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #11
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
I haven't yet been bitten by my cornsnake. I have been bitten many times by other wild snakes, mostly water snakes...I'm not really surprised tho...I guess that's what I get chasing them around and catching them
If you've been bitten by water snakes, you'll be laughing and saying "Is that all you got?" if a corn gets ya!

Old 03-26-2005, 03:08 PM   #12
PtDnsr
I've only been bitten by two snakes (both hatchlings) and it's not bad at all. The first was my boyfriend's snake, Sparks, and he just kinda latched on to my knuckle (yeah - goes for the bone instead of flesh, go figure). Felt like little pin pricks. Second was at a show a hatchling kept striking at me. I laughed because it was amusing and didn't hurt in the least.

~Katie

Old 03-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #13
wildernessey
I've only been bitten once and it was for doing something REALLY stupid that I KNEW I shouldn't have been doing in the first place (guess I'm a student of the school of hard knocks). So, I figured it served me right.
I had a f/t mouse in my hand and moved it to get my snakes attention, while, I might add, being stupid and feeding in her viv. So, of course, she was attracted to ME (the movement) not the mouse.
So, I guess I actually learned two lessons:
There is good reason to NOT feed in a viv, and don't convince a snake your hand is food! LOL!
Yea, really, really dumb......!!!!

Old 03-26-2005, 05:56 PM   #14
Taceas
Getting bitten by corns, ratsnakes, and most recently a kingsnake...really isn't that big of a deal. Cat scratches hurt far worse and do more damage, and I don't find myself not tickling my cats any time soon.

It mostly feels like really rough velcro, the actual act of being bitten is worse than the bite honestly. Instincts tell you to flinch when a snake strikes, I swear.

Most of the corn bites are by hatchlings or those in shed when I startle them. Very few have actually been "my fault" as in dangling a very short tailed mouse.

Here is a post I made last week of the most recent episode that was so fun, it demanded pics.

Kingsnake Bites

Old 03-26-2005, 06:45 PM   #15
Azruial
Lol, I'm not concerned at all, I know it's not bad, but I was wondering because mine has NEVER made any move to strike or bite me and I am curious about it. I know it's not bad I have been here plenty long enough to figure that out. Thanks for all the replies.

Old 03-26-2005, 06:52 PM   #16
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azruial
Lol, I'm not concerned at all, I know it's not bad, but I was wondering because mine has NEVER made any move to strike or bite me and I am curious about it. I know it's not bad I have been here plenty long enough to figure that out. Thanks for all the replies.
Glad to hear you are "at ease" with it. It is a must if you are going to keep snakes. I always "call their bluff" and very rarely been tagged. It's kinda funny how bad they think they are.

Old 03-26-2005, 06:58 PM   #17
Azruial
Lol, I'm not really the type to be scared of being bitten by anything that can't take off my head or inject lethal poison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taceas
Cat scratches hurt far worse and do more damage
Haha, cats can do a lot of damage. They can go crazy :P

Old 03-26-2005, 07:24 PM   #18
ghosthousecorns
I've gotten tagged a couple of times, but it didn't hurt - well, once it did b/c I instinctively pulled away, & you have to just wait until they let go.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:15 PM   #19
Jessicat
I've never been bitten

One of my corns did Poo on one of my friends today though. She'd been handling him for awhile, and I guess he was feeling a bit energetic 'n such.

She wasn't too pleased really

Old 03-27-2005, 07:53 AM   #20
Missy
i have only ever been bitten once and that was from a hatchling, right out of the egg, it was so cute the way they defend themselves when their that tiny, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google