CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Do you talk to your Snakes
Yes all the time 114 63.69%
Have on occasion caught myself talking to them 42 23.46%
No, never 9 5.03%
Yes, have even lied to them 14 7.82%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Talk to you snakes?

Old 11-04-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
Achilles'_Mom
Talk to you snakes?

I talk to my snakes all the time and just wanted a little reassurance that I am not alone. This morning I even lied to my snake, I went to check on Narcis who has a lip infection and as soon as I got close to the viv he started rattling his tail. I was like you idiot I am not afraid of you but really it freaked me out a little because he has never done that before, none of my snakes have. So here is the poll to reclaim my sanity.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:30 AM   #2
Roy Munson
Funny poll. I can't help you reclaim your sanity though, as I never talk to mine. Sometimes after I take out a nice specimen who has just shed, I'll say "holy s**t", or something like that, but I'm really talking to myself.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #3
PtDnsr
I'll talk to them randomly (then again it's only me and the snakes at night since my boyfriend usually isn't here during the week). Usually it's something like "No, you can't go explore the couch" or "Do you have to go crawling through my hair"

~Katie

Old 11-04-2005, 09:43 AM   #4
ultimuttone
I have to admit-I talk to mine all the time. Sometimes its just to acknowledge them when they come to stare at me, or to tell them they better fricken eat this time. But I always tell them how nice they look and how big they are getting when they come out to play. They may not care, but makes me feel better

Old 11-04-2005, 09:44 AM   #5
Bobo's Mama
I know they most likely can't hear me, but yeah, I talk to them. To me it just seems natural. Maybe they can't understand or hear, but I think I do it more for me than for them. It makes me feel closer to them. Granted, I've only got two and not 20 or 30 so I do have more time to spend with them individualy, and you've got to admit, they do have their own personalities. So maybe I'm loony for talking to them, but oh well.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #6
Gintha
I talk to them allllll the time! Had to check that I even lied to them tho... since I told Treasure he was girl for 9 months... oops.... even called him my little princess a couple times LOL Poor fella... gunna have a complex! Then again... I talk to my cats, and my ferret, and my parrot, and my dog... and the family fish too LOL Maybe I need to get out more? Nah... cold outside.. and no snakies!

Old 11-04-2005, 10:13 AM   #7
Cindy
I too talk to my snakes all the time, for some strange reason I always seem to put on a silly voice too. I always say "good morning/night" and tell them if I am going out. I also tell them if it is a feeding day.

They are bringing the white van round to cart me off to the funny farm any day now

Old 11-04-2005, 10:20 AM   #8
Achilles'_Mom
I thought they understood better...

when you used the funny voice..... probably not though considering they hear low frequency ...lol
I think even the white padded van people are afraid to come near me.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #9
Jynx
Yes... as a matter of fact, I've been known to have a full blown, one-sided conversation with some of them. I "coach" my girls in stressfull breeding/laying times, congratulate and praise them when they eat... It's horrible, but it gives me a sense of purpose I suppose. What can I say? I love my kids.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #10
DinoNeill
I talk to my snake often...basically because I share a dorm room (or closet if you will) with said snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google