CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Do you talk to your Snakes
Yes all the time 114 63.69%
Have on occasion caught myself talking to them 42 23.46%
No, never 9 5.03%
Yes, have even lied to them 14 7.82%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Talk to you snakes?

Old 11-04-2005, 05:55 PM   #21
Temari
i talk to my snakeall the time specially when am sad an i enjoy it
and it makes me feel better to

Old 11-04-2005, 06:35 PM   #22
BeckyG
Yes, I talk to my snakes, and dare I admit it? I even baby talk to them, referring to myself as "mama".

Old 11-05-2005, 12:44 AM   #23
LizardMom
I just started keeping corns, and I'm already talking to them. I confess that I am currently fixated on eating and pooping. I praise "good" behavior and nag at the ones that do not seem to want to eat on my scheduling.

Hmmmm... My kids always said I was a nag...maybe they were right. At least the snakes don't talk back!

Old 11-05-2005, 01:11 AM   #24
Aurora13
No shame speaking to them them, people talk to plants, so why not snakes?

Old 11-05-2005, 03:23 AM   #25
Rorryy
If you can't talk to your snakes who can you talk to? The white van visited my home on one occasion. It's occupants only glanced my way and shook their heads in sympathy. Like "we are coming for you next time". I wonder if I can book an appointment? I could use a vacation or a drug induced coma!

Oh Yeah, Tongha (my pit bull) and I howl together, it pisses off the neighbors.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:12 AM   #26
Gintha
My dog Penny (shes 1/2 wolf) and I howl together too.. till Mom smacks me on the back of the head for it LOL She talks to the snakes too LOL.. seems to be the right thing to do... I mean.. Treasure even seems to respond to it.. he likes to sit with his head on my nose and stare at me when I talk to him hehe. (yes I allow him to touch my face, and yes I know he has salmonella, but meh.. I get sick, I get sick.. be my own fault =P)

Old 11-05-2005, 08:03 AM   #27
colinmcc
Yup. I'm another 'snake whisperer'. Can't say any of them ever seem to appreciate any of my banter but I do it anyway. Always have, always will.

And ..... I AM NOT ALONE! ..... whoo-hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpwidgets
(The cat talks back, LOL.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylove
At least the cats answer! Meow!
I hold long conversations with one of my cats all the time (the other one isn't very vocal ... she just shadows me) and my wife thinks I'm insane. She talks 'at' the cat but doesn't wait for a reply ....

Old 11-05-2005, 10:55 AM   #28
Silt
I talk to my snake once in a while. More or less.

TIP: When you're holding/talking to your snake, don't look away. Just yesterday my 2 year corn just crapped the BIGGEST, most WET CRAP you'll EVER see!!!!! That just happened to land in my lap and on my bed. Heh heh. How pleasent.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:39 PM   #29
Jason_Gray
Talking

I talk to mine all the time. I feel very comfortable knowing that none have answered back.

Jason,

1.0 Okeetee
1.0 Amel Stripe
0.1 Carmel
0.1 motley

Old 11-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #30
JoannaD
I talk to them. I talk to the cats all the time. I have also been known to talk to myself. It seems to disturb those around me more than me!

I guess I just like talking, just ask my husband

Joanna

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google