CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

he hates me!! help please!!

Old 12-27-2006, 12:27 AM   #11
Lore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo's Mama
Dude! Its not going to kill you. Here, look...

At the time of the bite, this corn was nearly 3ft long and 220g. I lived! Of course this was a feeding bite, not a fear bite, but the point remains the same: The bites don't hurt that much. This isn't a boa! If it bites you, and you put it back, you are "teaching" it that it will get put back when it bites you. Hold on to it, even if it bites you. And don't put it back in until it calms down.
That prey is FAR too big for that snake

Old 12-27-2006, 12:33 AM   #12
Jrgh17
On a related note...

Zeke is around 15 inches right now, and maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch thick. My boyfriend's roomate is 6'7" and around 300 pounds. Guess which one is more scared of the other?

I use that as ammo when he makes short jokes.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:35 AM   #13
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo's Mama
Dude! Its not going to kill you. Here, look...

At the time of the bite, this corn was nearly 3ft long and 220g. I lived! Of course this was a feeding bite, not a fear bite, but the point remains the same: The bites don't hurt that much. This isn't a boa! If it bites you, and you put it back, you are "teaching" it that it will get put back when it bites you. Hold on to it, even if it bites you. And don't put it back in until it calms down.

Out of curiosity, how exactly did you deal with that situation?

Old 12-27-2006, 12:40 AM   #14
Bobo's Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrgh17
Out of curiosity, how exactly did you deal with that situation?
It took awhile to get him off. I had to run his head under running water.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:45 AM   #15
tyflier
Like jazz said...grow a pair. Seriously, if the thought of getting bitten bothers you that much, pick it up around the body away from it's head. Then, just let him "crawl" across your hands/fingers/arms as he wants to, and he'll settle down. I've never been bitten by a corn, but I got bit by a Columbian Red Tail Boa, and let me tell you...it can't POSSIBLY hurt as bad as that thing did(yes...it was entirely my fault).

Old 12-27-2006, 12:45 AM   #16
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lore
That prey is FAR too big for that snake
Yeah, but at least he's not a butt muncher.

regards,
jazz

Old 12-27-2006, 12:53 AM   #17
Brizzle
I've never been bitten by any of my corns..and if I did get bit..I think it would just feel like a pinch or something..
The most aggression I get out of my snakes is when my jungle will hiss. But I don't even know if that's aggression?
Anyway, just pick up the corn. It's just scared.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:55 AM   #18
snakemom1961
Had seen that video before! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrgh17
That video is beautiful
That video is probably one that makes me laugh more than anything!

Ross was just TOO funny and Steve, I"m sure was trying hard to hold that laugh in the whole time!

I agree with all others who say just go in and get the snake, I have Tiaga, who doesn' much care to be picked up but once I have her she's fine. She's about 4ft and always comes out looking like she's ready to attack, but has only bit me once in 4 years, and that was right after feeding(my mistake). I think some of them just want to say "hey, i'm comfy here why do you want to disturb my peace now!"........LOL

Old 12-27-2006, 04:35 AM   #19
tyflier
How did I miss that video the first time around? That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Steve called him "sweetheart"!! OMG...I'm gonna be laughing about that one for a loooooong time!!

Old 12-27-2006, 08:12 AM   #20
Jdizzyfizzy
he got away again ((( he burryed himself!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google