CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Planned pairings for 2020! (Miami, Candy Cane, etc..)

Old 11-23-2019, 01:40 AM   #1
MysticExotics
Planned pairings for 2020! (Miami, Candy Cane, etc..)

My main focus is Miami and Candy Cane, but there may be a couple other fun morphs such as Peppermint and Cinder stuff as well.

The detailed thread on my plans for this next year is HERE

Old 01-26-2020, 09:46 PM   #2
MysticExotics
Pairing has begun!

So far, I have paired my last two female Miami Tessera's from a Miami Tessera x Miami Tessera clutch, to see if either/both are Homo Dominant. One of the females is being paired with a stunning LBR Miami male on loan from Carol.
One of the males I kept from the same clutch that I paired last year produced 100% Tessera's.

I have also paired my Candy Cane male with the Mystic Exotics Miami Tessera now owned by my friend Rachel, a repeat pairing from last year. We're looking forward to more beautiful Candy Cane babies.

I received 4 new adults from my friend Matt, of NW Bloodlies, including a Peppermint female that I will be pairing with my Candy Cane male, since he's het Cinder. There should be some pretty Candy Cane and Peppermint babies in that clutch.

Two of the snakes I got from Matt included a normal (RF) female het for Bloodred, Caramel(?), Strawberry, and a Diffused Snow, het Strawberry and het or homo Motley.
His goal was Diffused Corals with that pairing. I will finish that breeding project for him.

Old 01-27-2020, 10:13 AM   #3
67temp
I cant wait to see what you hatch out!

Do you normally leave the males in with the females or just pair them for an hour every few days?

Old 01-27-2020, 11:35 AM   #4
MysticExotics
I usually leave the male in with the female for about 1-3 days, then separate. I feed, give them time to digest, then pair again.
I'm trying to get on a set schedule, where I pair the same day each week.
Someone a long time ago said that was a very effective way to catch the female in ovulation.
Shed cycles can sometimes throw things off, but I also start pretty early.

Old 01-27-2020, 01:02 PM   #5
67temp
I assume you start introductions after the female has shed?

Old 01-28-2020, 01:57 AM   #6
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
I assume you start introductions after the female has shed?
It depends on their shed cycle. I don't brumate, so their shed cycle isn't as predictable.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:05 PM   #7
MysticExotics
The first clutch is on the ground! 19 eggs from the Aeetes x Echo pairing!!
I have been busy and wasn't expecting eggs yet, so they're a bit dehydrated, but now in a damp moss setup, so hopefully they'll plump back up.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:19 PM   #8
MysticExotics
The second clutch is coming soon!
Ametrite Miami Tessera possibly Homo Dominant that I produced in 2015 refused her meal last night and has been hanging out in her lay box.
She was paired with a stunning LBR Miami male on loan from Carol Huddleston.

I have mixed feelings about this clutch. I want her to be Homo Dominant, but I also want some normal Miami babies from this clutch. LOL

Old 03-16-2020, 08:05 AM   #9
67temp
Congrats on the first clutch. Also I'm sure what ever comes out of the second one will still be stunning like you always produce.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:12 AM   #10
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
Congrats on the first clutch. Also I'm sure what ever comes out of the second one will still be stunning like you always produce.
Thank you for the kind words! Sorry I missed this before!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google