CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

king snake influence in tessera morph?

Old 01-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #51
airenlow
But Joe observed them for 2 whole years, Doug!!!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #52
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
When tessera is posted as a hybrid gene by Ian's Vivarium and South Mountain Reptiles, then we will know for a fact that they are hybrids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Until Don says otherwise
I've been following this thread all day long and agree with Mitch as far as, I don't see any wrong doing on Joe's part for simply stating his personal opinion and also in that, any and all transactions I've had with Joe have been 100% saticfactory. People make mistakes and Joe has made good on his mistakes, but his past mistakes does not take away the fact that Joe is a very knowledgeable person when it comes to genetics. Am I saying that Joe is correct in his thoughts on Tessera Corn?, no I'm not.

Personally, I'm on the fence about the genetics of Tessera Corns (1) I like them and (2) it does not seem that this can be proven one way or the other. I could care less if they are or are not hybrids and I feel the same way about the Ultra trait.

However, I am curious as to when and who made these two, or anyone else for that matter the ruler(s) of ALL

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #53
DMong
I respect you a great deal too Mitch. But how on earth could 50% textbook corns be produced and 50%Tesseras be made and NEVER any intermediates in all these countless breedings everyone has done over the past several years?

~Doug

Old 01-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #54
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell Mulks View Post
"Cheap" and "tessera" are two words that are quickly becoming synonymous with each other. However, it's not theories like Joe's that are the cause, but instead it's the simple economics associated with a dominant gene. The tessera market has begun to crash, and it'll continue to plummet until prices reflect the ease of pairing one tessera male to dozens of females and having a hundred tessera hatchlings available in a single season.
We certainly knew the day was coming. Still, Tessera remains a beautiful PATTERN gene.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #55
chris68
Walter I think Susan was being facetious

I just don't see it myself, but I'm only qualified to give an opinion. I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if they were, but that goes across the board as far as "pet market" corns go. Irregardless of how Joe feels it's a bush move to tank on them so fast. Maybe he feels he owes it to the community?

Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #56
dave partington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMong View Post
I respect you a great deal too Mitch. But how on earth could 50% textbook corns be produced and 50%Tesseras be made and NEVER any intermediates in all these countless breedings everyone has done over the past several years?

~Doug
Perhaps you are considering the tesseras with the broken up pattern/incomplete stripe down the back as 100% tessera? They look intermediate to me. I think Joe's price is right considering the quality.
Personally I would have sent them to Korea with the rest of the scrap from asst'd projects. Keep the price stronger in this country. I know, too much work. Let's crash the market on ourselves and then point the finger elsewhere.

Remember back when the first tess were available?
no hets listed. hefty price.
BHB tess, no hets listed, hundred bucks.
All these other breeders listing tess with hets, a little more money. not much more money. Are we crashing the market on ourselves by getting ten bucks more for each p/het listed?

Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #57
Walter Smith
[quote=chris68;1534107]Walter I think Susan was being facetious

I just don't see it myself, but I'm only qualified to give an opinion.[/quote]

Maybe so ???
Actually, I believe that's what we are ALL only qualified to do, unless someone can bring to the table hard evidence and facts

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 01-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #58
DMong
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
But Joe observed them for 2 whole years, Doug!!!
Oh yeah!!, now if Joe only spent more time "observing" San Diego striped or aberrant Newport coastal Cal. king x Corn hybrids (dread the thought) and then constantly introduce more normal corns back into them, he would know right off the bat that the Tessera morph really couldn't be a Cal. king x corn hybrid.... Because if the Cal. king striped/aberrant gene is so incredibly overbearing and dominating like he is portraying it to be, then all these NORMAL phenotype corns wouldn't be constantly produced either in the very same 50-50 clutches when a Tessera is bred to a normal corn. And if this Cal. king pattern is NOT dominating and overbearing, then WHERE are the Cal. king intermediates, or even Cal. king phenotypes??..LOL!

~Doug

Old 01-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #59
MotleyMedusa7
[quote=chris68;1534107]

I just don't see it myself, but I'm only qualified to give an opinion. I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if they were, but that goes across the board as far as "pet market" corns go. QUOTE]

This is my opinion exactly at this point. I've only been around long enough to see a few morphs put into question as far as their purity,but I am guessing that historically most corn morphs have been questioned at one time or another. & unless there has been someone to step up & Prove otherwise,it all comes down to personal opinions.

I love my Tessera,my Gold Dusts & my Tequila Sunrise line girl, all of which have questionable genetics.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #60
dave partington
Just breed them to strawberry and give it a new morph name in the F1 and all your issues will be solved. Just like slapping a new morph name on F1 this X that ball pythons, or the geckos. Corns have been the longest running this X that herptile in the realm. So naturally they get the most flack. Golly gee whitikers, can't we just all get along?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google