CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Whats the deal!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #481
LBoz
I don't know, Nancy...Mike and I are having a lovely chat about it right now via PM. Mike knows I like and respect him, whether or not I agree with him doesn't change that. But thanks for the stir! xo

Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 AM   #482
diamondlil
If a member here is dissatisfied with a particular mod or the set-up then surely they can air their views in open forum? As long as they stay within the site rules on posting in general?
No flaming, no insults, no cursing, just adult discussion of how they feel?
(of course there is always the option of walking away and leaving the site, but if a person wants to suggest changes that they perceive will improve the site then surely they have a voice?)

Old 09-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #483
snakemom1961
I didn't mean to "stir" anything. I was just wondering WHY it wasn't alright for Mike to voice his opinion and be told if it were on a different forum he would have been banned for said opinion.
That's ALL I was asking.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #484
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961 View Post
I didn't mean to "stir" anything. I was just wondering WHY it wasn't alright for Mike to voice his opinion and be told if it were on a different forum he would have been banned for said opinion.
That's ALL I was asking.
I believe I answered that question in my original post on the subject.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #485
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
I believe I answered that question in my original post on the subject.
I went and re-read your post and Mikes post. I didn't see any disrespect in his post. Yet that is what you saw. So I guess once again we all see things differently in posts made here and I personally am willing to accept that we will agree to disagree.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #486
LBoz
ditto.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #487
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961 View Post
So, in your opinion Mike isn't allowed to voice his opinion? He wasn't bad mouthing the mods, just looking for others to apply. After what I've seen in this post alone I can't blame him for wanting some new blood here to maybe be able to be neutral on threads. That's just me and my opinion, and I know my opinion means nothing to anyone but me.
But that's the great thing about this site. We are allowed(or so I thought) to voice our opinions so long as we didn't break the rules.
This is where I put my foot in it and probably get myself banned....
But....
Haven't I read everywhere, on this site over the last couple of weeks, about freedom of speech and the great American fight for freedom etc etc etc...
except where it disagrees with your ideas???
I'll say out loud what I said to Lori.... Just a shorter to the point version....
When I arrived here at CS.com, mods had only just been invented and MIKE, DEANO and SUSAN, posted regularly and wittily...
I've noticed that as of late Susan and Deano seem a little stressed at the work load that being a mod brings and they are spending too much time doing clerical work rather than enjoying the forum...
MIKE never posts now... Maybe thats for some other reason I don't know about....... I personally like Deano and I would of probably hit it off with Susan had she not have had to moderate in my shouting matches.....
Mike is a music fan and I liked talking with him as well....
I'm not trying to lynch the mods.... I'd like to see them have some r'n'r once in a while.....
Thats the top and bottom of it and all sides from my point of view covered..... No ulteria motive, nothing sinister..... Just an observation about a place I like and people I respect..... Except when they shout at me... j/k thats a joke for the sensitive ones who missed it....

Old 09-03-2009, 09:33 AM   #488
Roy Munson
Voicing an opinion is one thing. A member taking it upon themselves to create a thread soliciting mod applications is another. I didn't have a big problem with Mike voicing his opinions in this thread, and he was at no risk of discipinary action for doing so. But the thread he posted was inappropriate, and there WILL be consequences for anyone who tries it again.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #489
diamondlil
ok.....................so it's ok for moderators to use foul language in their posts?
It's ok for the moderators to call members 'whiny bitches'?
It's ok for moderators to moan about what a thankless task they have?
But members cannot express wishes for change?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #490
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
ok.....................so it's ok for moderators to use foul language in their posts?
It's ok for the moderators to call members 'whiny bitches'?
It's ok for moderators to moan about what a thankless task they have?
But members cannot express wishes for change?

That pretty well sums it up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google