CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Whats the deal!

Old 08-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #91
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael823 View Post
But he has spent a lifetime of doing actual work in the communities.....
Oh, that conman did LOTS of work. I'm just not sure how much of it was legal.

Although not overtly illegal, ever looked at what his wife made at her job following an increase in funds he pushed through? Well, her 20-hour a week job went from $100k to over $300k per year, coincidentally, as soon as he got the U the extra funds...and her job was SO IMPORTANT that they didn't even hire a replacement. Seems that $300+k job doesn't even NEED to be done. Was it a "bribe" to keep him funding them. You know, give us $1 million, and we'll line your wife's pocket with a third of it. Hmmmm, I don't know but it does sound suspicious!

Quote:
it's about winning over the majority with ideas, hope, and offers of change. Obama has done this, and done this brilliantly.
Have you even LOOKED at a recent poll of how Americans feel about what he has done so far???

Old 08-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #92
Michael823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
So in your opinion, should the will of the majority always rule?
Of course! How else should a country be lead, if not chosen by the will of the majority?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #93
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Now it is fair, and elections are chosen at the people's discretion.
Quote:
Of course! How else should a country be lead, if not chosen by the will of the majority?
It is statements like this and beliefs like this that doom me, Tara, Robbie, Tony, and every other gay, lesbian, bisexual and transexual on the boards to a life of being 2nd class citizens. Rights that are habitually, even casually, granted to heterosexuals are denied to us based on the gender of the person we love and make a home with.

Think about it.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #94
ghosthousecorns
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...&postcount=202 Just linking to the "lynching" post I found objectionable. Apparently I am just thin skinned and everyone else is OK with it.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #95
Michael823
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUN View Post
Have you even LOOKED at a recent poll of how Americans feel about what he has done so far???
He was elected to a four year term. That means that in four years you can recast your vote for someone else if you are unhappy with the job he's doing. Polls don't mean a thing. If we went by that standard, most presidents would be impeached at some point during their tenure. The fact is that the majority voted to have him be our president, knowing darn well it was for four years. Sure they may be unhappy, disappointed, etc... But they did elect him, so that's all that matters.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #96
KJUN
Quote:
So in your opinion, should the will of the majority always rule?
Someone once said I'm made JUST because I was out-voted. I'm sure we can name MANY cases of genocide where the losers were just the ones that got "out-voted." That doesn't make their deaths any more real or any more tragic. In fact, it makes it MORE tragic. Majority does not always equal right.

Do you think the MAJORITY of legal voters would have voted for black and female suffrage? Of course not! This is why we have a representative system instead of a true democracy. Freedom supersedes majority votes.

Take the BOR. That is a REMINDER to the .gov that we have those rights. It doesn't GIVE us those rights, it justs states what they are. No law can take them away. No law that tries - even an amendment - is valid because those are remindes to the .gov that we HAVE them no matter WHAT they try to do at any time. THAT is the legal basis behind the treaty that bound our unique states together. Furthermore, any violation of those laws by the federal .gov is a violation of that treaty and negates all legal authority of said treaty.

The wannabe slavemasters are the ones that try to convince you otherwise.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #97
KJUN
Quote:
He was elected to a four year term. That means that in four years you can recast your vote for someone else if you are unhappy with the job he's doing. Polls don't mean a thing. If we went by that standard, most presidents would be impeached at some point during their tenure. The fact is that the majority voted to have him be our president, knowing darn well it was for four years. Sure they may be unhappy, disappointed, etc... But they did elect him, so that's all that matters.
Pay attention to what you actually said and try to remember it for 5 minutes. You said, "it's about winning over the majority with ideas, hope, and offers of change. Obama has done this, and done this brilliantly." Polls have nothing to do with past elections, but they definitely DO SHOW that your state4ment is false. He may HAVE done that, but he is NOT doing it now.

Trust me - I don't need to "recast" my vote. It'll be the same vote next time (if we are allowed a free election): I'll vote against that red communist with a smile!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #98
Michael823
Quote:
It is statements like this and beliefs like this that doom me, Tara, Robbie, Tony, and every other gay, lesbian, bisexual and transexual on the boards to a life of being 2nd class citizens. Rights that are habitually, even casually, granted to heterosexuals are denied to us based on the gender of the person we love and make a home with.

Think about it.
That's not fair to pin my point to that. I was simply stating that in an election, the only deciding factor should be the majority, and the only way to fight back is by having more success in the next election.
I would never intend majority rules on subjects like that, these are human rights, and I would never suggest majority voting on this. My cousin happens to be gay, and him and his partner are two of the greatest people I know. I consider their relationship as normal, if not more normal, than most others I see.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #99
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...&postcount=202 Just linking to the "lynching" post I found objectionable. Apparently I am just thin skinned and everyone else is OK with it.
OK, I did see that one. I didn't take it the way you did because she didn't say "Let's lynch him now." She said (the way I read it), "Let's lynch him later if he keeps getting worse and worse." There MAY be a point when we DO need to start hanging politicians enmass, but I don't think her post was advocating it NOW. Big difference.

...or are you saying that no matter WHAT a politician does, they never deserved to be hung. If so, what about the German War Criminals? Stalin? etc. Not Obama today but possible FUTURE-Obama? Do you think Hitler shouldn't have been held accountable with death (if captured alive) because he was voted in? I'm not saying Obama is Hitler of even like him. I'm saying WHAT IF he does become him in the future?

Old 08-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #100
KJUN
Quote:
the only deciding factor should be the majority,
Are you advocating the overthrow of the American constitution? You must be since that is NOT how the presidential election is decided. Oh, wait.

Never mind. I know the answer to that since we all know how you cast your ballot.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google