• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello to all!!!!

Dallas

Hi everyone! I am located in NC and am researching about snakes because I would like to find the right one for me. I was told by a friend on facebook that I should check this forum out because it was very informative. I am not new to the world of snakes. The first snake I ever owned was a 10 ft albino Burmese. She was my baby I loved her like crazy. To make a long story short she passed away not to long after I got her, about 2 yrs later. Her old owner didn't tell me that she was severely sick when I got her. I also rescued a 5 ft albino Burmese that was also sick. Ive had some balls but I am now wanting to see about smaller snakes seeing that I am disabled and can not 'wrangle' a large big bodied. :) I have a love of any animal and I love to research and learn about them as well. I am not a spontaneous purchaser of anything. I always have to make sure that the pet will be right for me and suit my as well as making sure I can provide it with the best care possible. Currently I do not have any snakes, though I miss having one. I do however have 5 cats, a puppy, 3 crested geckos, 22 tarantulas, 2 false widows and a hermit crab.. yes cant forget to mention that little booger. I aim to get a beardie as well soon.. But I am wanting to acquire a snake first and get it established with me first. :) I am glad to be here and I am thankful for all the information that I have read and I am sure will be given to me as well. I am the worst for asking a lot of questions so please bear with me if you post something and I get to asking things. :) thank you!!!::crazy02:

Welcome to the forum :) we will be happy to have you here. It sounds like you have a nice collection of animals. We are happy to help in any way :) just ask away :D

Greetings and welcome. 22 tarantulas? Wow! I've a fear of Arachnids, but am very slowly overcoming that fear.

Greetings and welcome. 22 tarantulas? Wow! I've a fear of Arachnids, but am very slowly overcoming that fear.

I have no problem catching Wolf spiders and releasing them outside, and I actually have a Daddy Longlegs as a "pet", he has built them coolest web over our kitchen sink and has been there about 6 months. My husband just discovered him a few weeks ago and agreed to let me leave him there. Another one was starving to death above our bathroom sinks and I moved him to the garage where there are several webs already, but it was too late, he was just too little and the bathroom held no food for him. RIP.

Back to the subject, I don't think I will ever get over my fear of tarantulas. I think it is the hair that skeeves me out, I love looking at them, but I don't know if I could ever hold one. Lt. Dan, maybe we have a challenge on our hands!

Dallas, welcome to the forum! Where in NC are you? My parents live on the west side, about 2 hours south of Ashville on the Georgia border.

Back