• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anyone been bitten?

Wannabevet83

I was just wondering if anyone's been bitten by their corn? I haven't...I'm just curious as to what it feels like...

The only snakes I've been bitten by were a kingsnake (angry little turd) and a blood python (that hurt like hell....bled forever...)

Course, he was probably just mad that I was giving him injectable meds :rolleyes:

Yup, several times now, all from one snake. Lil B*st**d!!

It doesn't really hurt at all, more of a shock at how fast they can strike. He's only drawn blood once (and even then it was the tiniest prick of blood). It kinda feels like the rough side of velcro pressing into you.

yea, that's what I figured.

We'll see if my corn ever gets the guts, LOL. So far, the closest I've come to being bitten was once right after feeding him in his separate tank. I went to pick him up and he turned his head sharply towards my hand...then he took a sniff and I guess figured out it wasn't a yummy mouse...just me :p

Course he's so tiny now, if he ever struck I would probably just laugh..hehe

I was bit once during feeding. The snake lunged past the mouse and got my hand. He struck and released so fast it took a second to figure out what happened. It really didn't hurt, I just felt some pressure when the bite happened. Afterwards, it bled and stung for a few minutes, but nothing major. I didn't even need a band-aid.

Nothing like when my ball python attempted to ingest my finger... now THAT bled, lol.

Yep, just two wks ago I was bit by a yearling male bubblegum. On his behalf, he could've been smelling the shrimp and scallops on my hands that I had eaten at dinner LOL! I was amazed at how quick he was, it didn't really hurt, just stung for few minutes, a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 horrendous pain, I would say it was about a 2. Barely pierced the skin and it didn't bleed. The hatchlings right out of the egg are often feisty and will bite.

I have never been bitten by my corn, she is a little angel :) BUT I have been bitten a lot by what was my jungle carpet python, he was a nasty little thing, it hurt the first time and each time made me bleed :(

I was bitten by a ghost hatchling as she tried to escape under my bed. If I had not been watching her, I don't think I would have know she bit me! I burst out laughing it was so painless.

I promptly offered her my finger for another bite. "Surely you can do better thant that!", I asked her.

I was bitten by a friend Cali King when it was young feltt touch and was heey its biting me, Now while walkig outside ince with my leopard gecko a motorcycle thunder by and bit me trying to escape that hurt a bit mostly felt like I skinned my thumb a little.

I got bit by my female albino and it was more of a surprise then anything and where I thought she bit me wasn't, she bit me about 1/2 inch farther then I thought. it drew blood but didn't hurt.

Only bite I had that ever hurt was my 9 ft red tail when I had one. He bit my Ardelis tendon and wrapped around my leg....now that hurt! ha ha

Yet anothe zombie thread makes its way back to life....

(can we have a Frankenstein smiley, please)

wow, you guys have given me such a sense of relief...i'm new to the snake world and a bit wary around my little snake...but now i know it doesn't hurt to be bitten i'm so much more confident!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE!

Back