• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Donations?? PLEASE!

I'm sorry for posting a confusing thread. We are looking for all types of animals. I've just kind of taken on the part of trying to get some herps.

The donations are not necessary. But greatly appreciated. As of now, we have two different fresh water fish tanks up and running. We have received donations on two red eared sliders. A golden gecko, and leopard gecko. We also have access to a tarantula. We haven't gotten any of the animals yet, because we are making sure to have the enclosures, and food situated. We plan on breeding our own crickets. And for the turtles we already have some food, and we are trying to get some dark green lettuce from our food services.

As for the vet, we have a local vet that was willing to come in to check over the animals. As well as the supervisor has some vetrinary experience.

I guess the reason why we have been asking for donations, is because we are a new club, and did not receive any funding this year from the university. We have fund raisers planned but for now we are working on limited finances. We actually have some pretty experienced members in the club, and we are not about to go crazy and get to many animals that we cannot handle, feed, or properly care for. There are three that I personally know of that have worked at zoo's as there summer jobs and know the zoo's procedures on cleaning and properly taking care of the animals.

We are looking for a variety of animals. For now they will be display animals until we get settled in. But some will be used for educational purposes for tours of the green house.

I'm sorry for the confusing and misleading post.

Back