CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

Clyde, the Craigslist rehab project, healthy and for sale

Old 06-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #1
LauRuffian
Cool Clyde, the Craigslist rehab project, healthy and for sale

For sale: our Craigslist rescue/rehab project "Clyde," 6yro male stripe/pinstripe motley (sold as a bloodred stripe, but unclear by his appearance--I can't guarantee he is a true bloodred nor a true stripe) and proven breeder. He has quite the story--stay with me. The previous owner picked him up at a reptile show and bought him on impulse and put him in with their female anery. Unsurprisingly (though they certainly were surprised), they wound up with eggs the following spring. They gave the eggs to an experienced keeper and realized snake breeding was not for them and sold him to me. As the babies all came out normals (she showed me pictures), the one thing I can guarantee about his genetics is he is NOT het anery.

When we got him, he was skinny and quite beat up, showing a fair amount of damage to his scales from unknown causes. Burns? Bites (previous owner only fed live)? Scrapes from mesh lids? Unknown. But he has healed beautifully, though the scars remain. He looks rougher than he truly is. It took him six months to shed with us at first, and it was a mess, but now he sheds regularly and fully.

Note, he is a bit of a Goldilocks when it comes to eating. He *will* regurge if given too large a meal (happened twice, months apart, due to feeding him two mice--second came up--and feeding him a jumbo mouse the other time), and is the only corn snake I've had that will refuse to eat when blue. He also goes off feed about twice as long as my other males in breeding season. Currently eats smaller (a single weanling or adult mouse) frozen/thawed offerings about every 6-7 days. Last weigh-in was 468 grams.

Went to one of the best reptile vets in the area (if not Southern California) Monday 6/21 with a fecal sample and was given a clean bill of health. Considering his history and his slow weight gain, I wanted to be sure he was healthy before offering for sale. Vet paperwork of course will be provided, as well as his complete iHerp records.

He is the sweetest, sweeeeetest boy and will be a wonderful addition as a pet or a breeder, or both. Really a special guy. Considering his history and unknown genetics, I'm only asking $65 + shipping (I ship anywhere in the continental US using Ship Your Reptiles). Those who in the local Southern California area, I am willing to sell his entire enclosure with him for a small additional amount; PM me for details.

Pictures, taken yesterday 6/26/16:
This shows some of his color-scarred scales--he looks rough, but is actually smooth:

Belly scales:

Full body:

Old 06-27-2016, 10:50 PM   #2
Myca
Oh I really like him...and that lovely rescue history. Sadly I am about out of room.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:19 AM   #3
DollysMom
What a great save. I hope this precious boy finds his forever home soon. He's beautiful, scars and all.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:16 PM   #4
LauRuffian
Wow, that was fast! Local sale pending to a GREAT home.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:53 PM   #5
DLena
Oh I'm so glad!

Old 06-28-2016, 07:20 PM   #6
DollysMom
Great news!

Old 06-30-2016, 10:20 PM   #7
Myca
Oh congratulations. Great news.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google