• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Candycane stuff :)

Well all her brothers and sisters did, a couple days ago!! I told you she was non-compliant...

She still hasn't shed yet, so I decided to post a couple pics of her anyways.
One is from the day she arrived, and the other one I took a few minutes ago.

This little girl is busy! She won't sit still for a minute!

Attachments

• DSC_0275 (2).jpg
    DSC_0275 (2).jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC_0318 (2).JPG
    DSC_0318 (2).JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 134
I thought about that, and maybe with the Tessera pattern, her reds aren't as saturated as her brother's. She has looked the same since the day she arrived, so that might be it.

I gave her a tiny pinky on feeding day, which you could barely tell she ate, but I figured she'd probably be pretty hungry, and it wouldn't be big enough to hinder a shed process.

I'll check back through her notes.

Okay- I'm home. I have no note that she shed. I also searched her bin, and there is no hidden shed. it's a mystery.

Last edited:
Heather, I figured this was as good a place as any to post this picture. I received a group of non/poor feeders from Walter last year that included a miami tessera het amel and a candycane tessera, descended from the dam you and Tara produced in 2011. Both thrived and I sold the candycane tessera and kept the miami tess. The customer sent me an update on the candycane tessera today! You can't see her whole body in the photo but I think she looks good, and did not yellow up.

That's great! I see no sign of yellow on either of these two. I think the Cinder influence (and the fact that Big Moose is awesome) make a big difference.

Some of the babies in that clutch (Walter's) had some yellow, and some didn't, which is is understandable since the GrandSire was an Okeetee Tessera.

I want to see what my light Miami Tessera's do with Candycane. :)

As you know, I have a descendent of your miami tessera, a miami tessera het amel, sister to that candycane tessera. Years from now, I hope to pair her with the ultramel candycane I got from Walter (ultramel candycane tesseras!) He is 50% ph cinder, which I think is why he looks so clean. Eventually, I may pair him to a very clean, red peppermint female I have. Even if it doesn't improve the "candycaneness," maybe I'll get lucky and get pretty peppermints and red-phase ultramel cinders?

Ultramel candycane (hateling):

Miami tessera het amel:

Peppermint:

I hope this is a pairing that Nanci repeats, because I would love a candycane that's as spectacular as yours.

They're all beautiful!
I love that Miami baby! I hope you post progression pics of her!

I hope Nanci does a repeat pairing as well! :)

So look who finally decided to shed....

I had to add a pic of her brother too, because he's so awesome. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0328 (2).JPG
    DSC_0328 (2).JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0329aeetes (2).JPG
    DSC_0329aeetes (2).JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 95
Back