• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My corn collection

No worreis about the thread hijack! Forums are for open discussions. ;)

It's kinda cool how Gothi and her uncle brokk have the same head stamp. I like getting as much lineage info as possible. Are there any pics of taz (from tara ) posted on this forum?

I linked the wrong thread, so I fixed it. The original clutch from 2011 is now linked above.
I noticed I hadn't added photos of the parents, so those are added on the last page (link goes to last page of thread).

Great bunch of corn snakes. I’m glad you rescued the one from Craig list. How’s he doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for asking about him. Mouse is doing great. I've slowly been bumping up his feeding and currently he is eating a small mouse from the fuzzy he was getting for his first two years. His size is still stunted but he has grown some and put on more weight. This past weekend I was working a local reptile expo and took him along to teach people about corns. He did great with being handled by little kids and people who have never touched a snaked.

Great bunch of corn snakes. I’m glad you rescued the one from Craig list. How’s he doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Appears I forgot to update with my newest take-in from earlier this month.

I found this one on Craigslist. She is a 4yo amel, at least I think it's a she. She was $20 and came with a 20L tank, screen lid, nice water bowl, log and log hide. The girl I got her from has been fostering her for the past year. She worked in a chain pet store. A customer came in stating they didn't want the snake anymore and if the store didn't take it then they were going to turn it loose in the wild. When the foster got the snake from the customer there were no hides in her tank. When I was checking her out she was super relaxed and easy to handle, like she had previously been handled alot. She had recently gone off food so I gave her a fuzzy just to make her feel at home before I put her into quarantine. Her new name is Lydia .

Attachments

• eating.jpg
    eating.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 92
  • cache1.jpg
    cache1.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 92
  • cache2.jpg
    cache2.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 93
Luna doesn't normally venture out of her hide but the past three nights I have found her climbing in the fake plant in her tank.

Attachments

• DSCF0874.JPG
    DSCF0874.JPG
    369.4 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF0879.JPG
    DSCF0879.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 82
Time for updated photos of the collection.

0.1 Pew-pew, pewter het hypo stripe
0.1 Clarice, honey (caramel & sunkissed)w miami linage het bloodred amel cinder
1.0 Ruby Rhod, amel
1.0 Hannibal, honey (caramel & sunkissed) bloodred miami het amel cinder
0.1 Beatrix, caramel miami het sunkissed bloodred amel cinder

Attachments

• cache2.jpg
    cache2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Hannibal.jpg
    Hannibal.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 69
  • R.jpg
    R.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Clarice.jpg
    Clarice.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 68
  • PEW-PEW.jpg
    PEW-PEW.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 70
1.0 Skullcrusher, bloodred miami het motely amel
0.1 Gothi, Miami het candycane
1.0 Link, motely/stripe Miami tesserae
0.1 Zelda, Miami
1.0 Dimitri, amel het charcoal anery

Attachments

• SC.jpg
    SC.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Gothi.jpg
    Gothi.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Link.jpg
    Link.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Zelda.jpg
    Zelda.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Dimitri.jpg
    Dimitri.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 67
1.0 Zorg "Z", anery het amel He's about to go into blue for the pic
0.1 Mouse, normal - recently upgraded from 0.0.1 to 0.1
0.1 Luna, possible ultramel lavender
1.0 Beetlejuice, possible almond (lavander & caramel)
0.1 Alessa, ultramel anery motely

Attachments

• Mouse.jpg
    Mouse.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Alessa.jpg
    Alessa.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 71
  • BJ.jpg
    BJ.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Luna.jpg
    Luna.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Z.jpg
    Z.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 66
1.0 Camo, ghost (anery & hypo) het charcoal
0.1 Lydia, amel
0.1 MIA, anery tessera - temporaily named mia because she went M.I.A. for 26 days 3 days after she arrived.

I need to get or make a light box so the pics turn out better. Hopefully if the temps cooperate, next week I'll have pics of 3 more coming from carol.

Attachments

• Camo.jpg
    Camo.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Lydia.jpg
    Lydia.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 103
  • MIA.jpg
    MIA.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 102
A couple new additions thanks to Carol at lowbelly reptiles.

0.1 Sheri, zombie motley
0.1 Firefly, cinder zombie motley
1.0 Spalding, zombie motely

Attachments

• Sheri.JPG
    Sheri.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Firefly 1.JPG
    Firefly 1.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Firefly 2.JPG
    Firefly 2.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 93
  • Spalding 1.JPG
    Spalding 1.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Spalding 2.JPG
    Spalding 2.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 91
I've been looking for a honey tessera to use for a future breeding project. I happened to find Don Soderberg of South Mountain Reptiles had a 2017 female still in stock. Don was awesome to deal with as recommended by some of his past customers I know. This is my new girl Clover.

Of course on par with my luck of ordering snakes recently, there was some issues. So I now also have this pretty 2018 snow tesserae from Don. I'm thinking she might get named Winter.

Attachments

• CLOVER 1.jpg
    CLOVER 1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 69
  • CLOVER 2.jpg
    CLOVER 2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 68
  • WINTER.jpg
    WINTER.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 69
Please excuse my ignorance but I am very new to the concept of corn breeding, can you please explain the 0.1/0.01 to me?

Sent from my PRA-LA1 using Tapatalk

It's an easy way to indicate the sex of a snake, especially in advertising:

1.0 is a male
0.1 is a female
1.1 is usually a sexed pair
1.2 is a trio one male and two females
2.1 is called a reverse trio two males and one female
0.01 usually means an unsexed snake. I've seen it as 0.0/1 also.

#%^@&*^ is American slang that means nothing that you were really hoping for has hatched.

Great. Thanks for info. This forum is so interesting. We currently have 3 corns;
1.0 Motley (not 100% sure which)
0.1 Normal corn
0.1 Albino (also not 100% sure)

We are waiting patiently for our first clutch of 9 eggs to hatch (Motley x Normal).

I am so super excited as I have never had snakes before.

We also have a few others; 2 pythons, 1 boa, 1 milk, 1 kingsnake.

I will be asking for so much more advice.

Great. Thanks for info. This forum is so interesting. We currently have 3 corns;
1.0 Motley (not 100% sure which)
0.1 Normal corn
0.1 Albino (also not 100% sure)

We are waiting patiently for our first clutch of 9 eggs to hatch (Motley x Normal).

I am so super excited as I have never had snakes before.

We also have a few others; 2 pythons, 1 boa, 1 milk, 1 kingsnake.

I will be asking for so much more advice.

There is a wealth of knowledge on the forum. Use the "search" function to read prior posts regarding any topic. I've found that it works best if you don't include too many key words. Unfortunately, many of the contributors no longer keep corn snakes, but their experiences are still available to us via forum posts.

x2 on everything twolunger has said. It's also helpful to read through all the stickies which are a wealth of info at the top of each sub section.

This is mouse and she is getting into the Halloween spirit.

Attachments

• DSCF1172.JPG
    DSCF1172.JPG
    391.9 KB · Views: 65
Back