• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Temperature for keeping frozen mice?

CornFlakes:D

So I am trying to get a cheap fridge for frozen mice, and I found a very cheap one that fits my likings. But some reviews say it cools only slightly, to about ~54F, so I wanted to know the range for temperatures to keeping frozen mice. Thank you.

Does the fridge have a freezer in it as well? Those temps are not going to work for keeping rodents frozen.

Oh my bad, it's not a fridge I ment to say freezer. Yes, the freezer is the one with ~54F. And would you happen to know what temperature would be good to keep them frozen?

There must be some confusion here. Freezing is 32F, so there is no way a freezer is 54F, or even anywhere close. 54F is too warm for a fridge to keep foods safely.

As MysticExotics said, you want the temps to be well below freezing to keep frozen foods (including snake food) properly.

40-140F is optimal bacteria growth temps according to the FDA. Your frozen mice are likely to rot VERY quickly at that temp.

Most refrigerators are kept at 34-36F and freezers need to be below 32F.

Yeah, 54 is warmer than I even like to brumate snakes. That's almost T shirt weather!

Yeah, 54 is warmer than I even like to brumate snakes. That's almost T shirt weather!

Whaddya mean, ALMOST? I haven't worn a long sleeve shirt yet this winter, it is about 50° and I am sleeping in a tank top with the windows cracked!

You have a standing invitation to come to Phoenix in the winter, but you know you have a REALLY good friend if they choose to visit in the summer!

Did you get hit with the storm? My parents live in NC about 2 hours north of Atlanta, 1.5 hours south of Asheville, in a teeny-tiny town called Brasstown. They got a few inches of snow, but nothing like the disaster area called Atlanta!

We got a pretty good snow, but it was sunny two days later and is all gone now.

Attachments

• DSCF1259.jpg
    DSCF1259.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 37
Oh, so pretty, I loved a fresh snow when we lived in the midwest but it lost its appeal after a few hours. Now I am satisfied just seeing pics like yours! Thanks!

Back