CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

possible regurg?

Old 11-28-2020, 07:42 PM   #1
numoo29
possible regurg?

i fed my snake a fuzzy for the first time 6 days ago, and he has pooped a couple times since then. he has not been very active this week, so i have been checking up on him often. found this in his cage today, looks like a dried skin casing of some sorts that’s about half an inch. it definitely has a weird sweet smell to it, but i don’t know if it smells as rotten as a regurg has been described to me. i’ve included a picture, what do you guys think ? i’m worried

Old 11-28-2020, 08:36 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
The shape of it does sort of look like a mouse. From left to right, it looks like a head tilted back and the remainders of the front legs. I think it wouldn't hurt to treat it as a regurge just in case and follow the regurge protocol. The fact that you fed him six days ago and how dried out this looks leads me to believe this isn't actually from today, but probably from a few days ago. They're pretty easy to miss when they're this small.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google