• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Coconut Husks?

xNicollex

Hey guys .... I can’t seem to find info on using Coco fiber/husk for a backing on my tank.

I know as a sub it’s not preferred but what about using the liners for a woodsy-like feel on the back of the tank?

I’m wondering if it’s too rough for the corns?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I'm aware, it's fine to use. The only thing is that it holds humidity better, which could be good or bad depending on your environment.

We’ve used coco mats for backing in several tanks for a couple of years now and really like them. One room gets a bit chilly overnight during the winter and the mats help insulate the tanks. Also, during shed, we always have the option of misting them lightly to help bring up the humidity if need be - though, for us, they tend to dry out by day’s end. They are also great in planted vivs. The only negative is that they can be difficult to anchor securely.

Back