CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Very active male corn

Old 04-16-2016, 05:00 AM   #1
snostorm
Very active male corn

He literally does not stop exploring his cage, all day and night it seems, been like for about 2 weeks, I think it is due to breeding season? But wanted to make sure it's nothing else, he has a under floor heat mat and his teaps are good, plus he's still eating fine.
Thanks

Old 04-16-2016, 05:15 AM   #2
DollysMom
I don't read snake minds, but if I had to bet I would bet that he's looking for a girlfriend. So you're right about breeding season. It's good that he's still eating. Some of them stop eating for a while too.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:10 AM   #3
CornySnakeUser
Have you changed his cage around? If he's stressed, it may not be advisable. Otherwise, snakes are curious and like new things to explore. Maybe change the layout a bit to make it happier and have something to explore/distract it.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:39 AM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
it could be due to wanting to breed if the snake is of breeding age and capability. If he's a young snake then breeding is probably not an option. Some snakes will "Hunt" when hungry, and Corn Snakes are almost always hungry. And finally, some Corn snakes are just very curious. My snake goes through spells where he roams a lot, and then other times he stays hidden. He usually hides more when he's getting ready to shed. (That's usually how I know). Otherwise he's out and about.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
jagodzinski
I agree with above. As long as you are not seeing other concerning changes and temps and everything are stable, he is most likely exploring (if you recently rearranged viv), looking for food, or hunting for a mate. My snake (Jag) recently started being a lot more active and rubbing on the screen and my vet said both males and females can have this funny activity breeding season (either looking for a mate or a nesting site).

How old is he and how long have you had him?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google