CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Feeding Question

Old 05-17-2020, 07:24 PM   #1
Maevenish
Feeding Question

So this may be a dumb question but I really want to make sure I'm taking care of my baby ok. She's a two year old corn.

She's been on Frozen Thawed x-breeders mice at 30g-50g. My regular supplier (Perfect Prey) was out so I got the 30g-50g weaned rats. They look similarly sized but are breeder mice better or these weaned rats better? She's only had mice and I'm down to my last 3 so she'll be starting the rats soon. What kind of difference will this make to her diet? Please don't be mean if it's no difference. I just want to learn.

Thank you,
Wendy and Peach.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:20 PM   #2
DeuceRon
That's a really good question. I don't have the definitive answer, but this is what I would think.
The full grown mice to me, would have more nutrients than a small or juvenile rat. I don't see the problem if you're going by weight however, and she's certainly getting her belly full.
When mine was growing, I would give it a few smaller mice instead of a large one because I didn't think he could handle the larger one. I was told the nutrient value wasn't as good feeding that way.
Just a thought. I'll be hanging around to see what the pros have to say.
Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google