• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My right to bear arms is under fire right now.

It proves the well known theory that if an individual wants to commit a violent act, they will use what ever means necessary.

Who's theory is that, the NRA's? The point is that a knife, the family car, a bow and arrow and a walking stick combined aren't as effective at killing as a low caliber (9mm) handgun. Even crazy people understand that.

Who's theory is that, the NRA's? The point is that a knife, the family car, a bow and arrow and a walking stick combined aren't as effective at killing as a low caliber (9mm) handgun. Even crazy people understand that.

Is there something wrong with you?
It does not matter what the most effective way is to kill someone, what matters is that if guns were banned PEOPLE WOULD KILL PEOPLE IN OTHER WAYS. Capeche?

Hahahhahahahahahhaahah! The NRA, how beautifully narrow minded you are.

No that is not the NRA's theory.

It's an exceedingly well documented theory of psychology. Methinks you should look stuff up before you choke on your own foot.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=anger-management-self-control

http://www.mediaed.org/assets/products/143/transcript_143.pdf

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/m/mfr/4919087.0002.102?rgn=main;view=fulltext

http://www.sagepub.com/upm-data/26264_4sc.pdf

http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/issues/97may/gerbner.htm

You are starting to make less and less sense, my advice, walk away from the thread for a bit and cool off. Come back with a logical head.

Of course it matters. I like my chances against a 21 year old douche bag carrying a knife. You give him a gun and it's a whole different story.

I'd prefer to have a gun on my hip if he came at me with anything...

The bad part, a knife wielding person can close an insane gap between the two of you before your gun is drawn. We practice that scenario all the time at work. I'm fast as all get out on the draw, but I still lose in under a 12 foot gap.

Still I would much more comfortable being a legal CCW gun holder, or having one near me if it happened.

Wow, you have never been attacked by someone have you? Or have been violated by someone?
I've been pretty successful at avoiding problems. I was robbed once but it was just stuff. Stuff can be replaced. It sounds like some of you live in Beruit and I feel badly for you. I mean I can go to church, the local pub or Culvers without feeling like a sitting duck.

Blaming guns for the death of the innocent little children makes about as much sense as blaming the parents for having the innocent little children in the first place, after all, if no innocent little children would have existed then the shooter could not have performed any acts of violence against them. Next step, ban sexual reproduction...

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I'm not blaming guns, I'm just saying that they sure make it easy for joe blow to become a mass murderer.

if he had really wanted to do it right then... become a bus driver and take the bus down into a lake? ban school buses?

I've been pretty successful at avoiding problems. I was robbed once but it was just stuff. Stuff can be replaced. It sounds like some of you live in Beruit and I feel badly for you. I mean I can go to church, the local pub or Culvers without feeling like a sitting duck.

I had someone try to break into my house, unsuccessfully, about eight years ago. I will NEVER return to the state of serene security in my own home that I had before that, ever again. I took a number of steps to increase my feeling of safety including arming myself and taking a defensive shooting course, and maintaining shooting proficiency by shooting regularly. As a by-product of my new interest in guns (I'd never had much experience with them up till then) I started shooting competitively in two tournaments, too. If I hadn't bought my first gun for self-protection, I'd have never known that not only did I _love_ shooting, but I could be dang good at it! Anyway, that's what set me off down the path to gun ownership, a failed break-in and the resulting fearful nights to follow. Now- I'm still concerned, and aware, and alert, but I have a home defense plan and the skill to follow through with it.

Away from home, I've been "approached" twice on my bike and once in my car, but fortunately, on my bike, was able to flee, and in my car was able to get in and lock the door fast. I wasn't armed in any of those situations. I don't feel the need to carry a gun when I'm cycling, but I carry other deterrents...

<~~~ I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sometimes it might as well be Beirut with the violence that happens, it seems, almost weekly.

My mother is the biggest pacifist that I know. Never been big on guns even for hunting purposes. I don't know how many times in my life have I been lectured about guns and guns safety from her. But in the last couple of years after seeing the crimes that happen all around her, she is thinking about gun ownership herself. That really tells me something.

I liked being prepared for the worst and pray for the best!

Back