• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Cleo the Butter Motley

Thank you mishima25! It is interesting how they are all so the same and so different, too. Definitely very snakey, lol.

Just some more pictures of my pretty girl today. 53 grams at her last weigh in.

vtadnQ4l.jpg

fI6kiiZl.jpg

exhsch1l.jpg

UXKlQCal.jpg

wmy1Znwl.jpg

zYCBCDhl.jpg

Cleo discovers her new, larger humid hide :)

She's in blue again. I can see I'm going to need to enlarge the hole soon!

v24xttCl.jpg

QAl6Jlal.jpg

I made one of these after I saw yours and for some reason Bella would not go near it lol so I had to make one out of her cave!!

Nicole

How long did you leave it in her cage Nicole? They have to have time to discover it, explore it, and finally actually use it.

Cleo discovers her new, larger humid hide :)

She's in blue again. I can see I'm going to need to enlarge the hole soon!

Tis the season - all the snakes are shedding. She's so cute with her tail hanging out for all to see. LOL.

And yes, that hole in the top appears to be getting smaller :eek:

I left it in there for 2 weeks and she did explore it but I dunno what it was but she just didn't seem to like it!! I wonder if maybe she was just too attached to her cave to use it I'm not sure

Nicole

Tis the season - all the snakes are shedding. She's so cute with her tail hanging out for all to see. LOL.

And yes, that hole in the top appears to be getting smaller :eek:

I can't believe how much she's grown since I made it! I love her little girl tail. It's so cute.

I love the pic of just her tail sticking out! Too cute :)

I do too. She's such a cutie. Don't you love how cute they are just being snakes!

I made one of these after I saw yours and for some reason Bella would not go near it lol so I had to make one out of her cave!!

Nicole

Funny how different they all are. Both of mine make right for the damp moss! Glad you could make something Bella liked. That's all that matters.

I ripped it just a little where it was stuck to a vine, but Cleo gave me another beautiful, complete shed. While I miss her when she's in shed, I don't think I'll ever tire of this part of snake keeping. This shed is so long I couldn't fit it all in a picture straight on.

She's currently in her humid hide resting :) I'm one proud momma.

opzwsl4l.jpg

I'm sure you're happy with a 'one piece' shed. It's always nice to not have to give your snake a warm bath to get the other parts off!

Attachments

• cartoon_snake_in_mud_resize.jpg
    cartoon_snake_in_mud_resize.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 80
That's such a cute cartoon, Ken! I think that's exactly how Cleo would look at me if I put her in water, lol.

Cleo is almost eight months old now. She was 58 grams at her last weigh in but I'm sure she's over 60 grams since her last meal.

Here are a few post shed pics today. Her yellow is coming in nicely. The deep yellow on her sides extends nearly a third of her body. It doesn't show as well in the pictures but even her tail has a soft yellow wash. Only her belly is white.

She is unbelievably mellow-- a total sweetheart. <3

HjO9QG4l.jpg

SyL1UEKl.jpg

cTFf77Yl.jpg

NCDMiu7l.jpg

2LUAANql.jpg

Her yellow is stunning. It looks like in the very first pic, even the tip of her snout is very yellow. Yellow like uh, umm, Butter!

Back